Thursday, June 23, 2011

Graduation cards

I wanted to make some graduation cards for a few of the students that I know that are graduating from high school this week. I decided for the sake of time, to make them all the same.

I was inspired by a card on Nichole Heady's blog. The school colours are black and red, so I thought I'd incorporate them into the cards.


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (Stamper's Select White & Smokey Shadow), Mat Stack #1 stamps and die & Tag Its #4 stamps.

I had put the cards I made on the piano until I had time to address them. Cameron saw them and asked if I could make two more for him to give. I decided to use some of my new PTI goodies that I got in the mail this week:


I used PTI cardstock (Stamper's Select White & Smokey Shadow), Happy Trails stamps, a Think Big Favourites #5 stamp & a Tag Its #4 stamp. I also used Crate Paper patterned paper and border sticker.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Leigh, I particularly like that 2nd card with the big 'ol sentiment and the hat tossed up in the air! Really great!

Elena said...

I REALLY love that 2nd card - how great is that trail line? perfect!

Renee said...

OK...they are both fabby...
but have to agree with the other 2 comments...
that 2nd one with the grad hat and Take Flight "trail" and sentiment...
LOVE it!
Genius!

Keva said...

Wow..those are great. I think the 2nd one is TOTALLY cool, though.

Linda said...

Two great cards. That second one is fabulous! What a great combination of sets. Love your use of Happy Trails.

Unknown said...

Great cards..I really like the second one.

Joyce said...

Went to leave a comment on how cool that second card looks with the graduation cap thrown into the air, and saw that the whole world had beat me to it. Great card.

merryf said...

They're lovely, but that second card really jumps out at me -- so much movement is added with the trail. It's just fantastic.