Saturday, November 03, 2012

Copy Cat

I admit it. I am often inspired by others' projects online and will take ideas I spy there and use them on my work. Sometimes it's unconscious, but other times, quite deliberate.

Case in point, when I saw the way Melissa Phillips stitched her leaves together on the second card in her post here, I knew I wanted to do the same thing on a card (& I'm sure I'll also be doing this on a layout in the future, too!)

We were challenged a couple of weeks ago in church to show love to our town, oops, I mean city. We became a city a couple of months ago. So, anyway, I decided to show my appreciation to our local library, as we love going there so much! I baked some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and dropped them off with this card:


I used PTI cardstock (vintage cream, kraft), stamps (counting my blessings) and dies (leave prints, counting my blessings). The patterned paper is all Crate, except for the cream coloured ones. Those are both Authentique.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Elena said...

So pretty!

Tammie Koehnen said...

Love this Card Leigh!

Deb said...

Leigh, this is super pretty! I love the stitching and everything about it!

Jennifer K said...

I was wowed by Melissa's stitched leaves, too. And yours turned out just as good. So pretty!

Michelle said...

Leigh, you took the idea and made it all your own! That's the beauty of CASEing others. :-) Beautiful work!

nancy said...

The stitched leaves look fabulous, especially against the woodgrain background.

Kelly Griglione said...

What a cool technique, and you used it so well on your card@