1. Well, it's been a bit of a busy week this week, with several trips to Winnipeg. On Saturday, Austin & I went in for a taekwondo promotion test and then did a little shopping afterwards. I got most of my Christmas shopping done, which was great!
On Monday, Sage went into Winnipeg with her choir for ChoralFest and I followed along in my van. She did very well! My mom came to watch, so the three of us went out for lunch afterwards and then Sage & I did a little shopping (where I picked up three teacher gifts!) It was nice spending some one-on-one time with my best girl!
2. On Wednesday, I went along with Austin's Jazz Choir to ChoralFest. We'd had a bit of free time at Polo Park, so Austin and I did a little shopping for him, at Aeropostale (they had 50% the whole store, so I got him a pair of jeans for $20) and Hollister (a new store for me, but loved by everyone in the choir. ;) )
Here he is with his choir.... he's in the middle of the photo.
3. The plan was to go along with Jonah's choir to ChoralFest yesterday, but the weather was bad and they cancelled the trip. :(
4. I had a good week, contest-wise. My "thankful" layout won the Crate Paper Creative Weekly Challenge and one of my cards won the Moxie Fab World Journaling Card Challenge.
5. We had parent-teacher conferences this week, as well, so, since I had a suddenly free day yesterday, that I'd make some pumpkin muffins to take to the teachers. I put them in bags and made some tags using this week's Make It Monday at PTI: Layered Vellum Die Cuts.
Here are some individual shots of each tag. For each tag, I used PTI vellum, stamps, buttons, twine & dies (snowflake medley, tag sale #3), as well as Offray ribbon. At first I thought I'd use the PTI BB:Herringbone stamp set on all of them, but then decided to break out different background sets for each tag.
For this first tag, I also used PTI cardstock (winter wisteria), stamps (BB:Herringbone, tiny tags 2) and dies (damask snowflakes, tiny tags).
For my second tag, I also used PTI cardstock (fine linen), stamps (BB:Super Stripes, fillable frames 9) and dies (damask snowflakes, tiny tags).
For my third tag, I also used PTI cardstock (spring moss), stamps (Stitches and Swirls, fillable frames 9) and dies (limitless layers: squares (from which I cut off one edge to make a scalloped border). The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye.
For this next card, I used PTI cardstock (sweet blush), stamps (counting my blessings, bb:woodgrain) and I added some SU! Dazzling Details on the button for a little sparkle.
And for my last tag, I also used PTI cardstock (aqua mist), stamps (bb;houndstooth, fillable frames 9) and dies (limitless layers: squares (from which I cut off one edge to make a scalloped border). The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye.
Tonight, I'm looking forward to getting together with some friends to scrapbook--- the perfect ending to a busy week!
Thanks for looking!