Thursday, November 22, 2012

December Daily 2012, part 3


Well, I got it done!

I finished my December Daily album with a week and a half to spare!
(You can click here to see my part 1 post and here to see m part 2 post.)

For my part 3 post, I'm sharing the rest of the 6x8.5" pages that I made for ten of the days.

For Dec. 6th, I stamped my PTI Love Lives Here: Holidays stamp set along the top of a sheet of Simple Stories patterned paper. I highlighted the "6" with a circle stamp from PTI's Lovely Layers set. I added a few little SU! pearls to the star ornaments for dimension. The photo will go on the bottom half of the page. (I apologize for the poor photo of this one!)


For my Dec. 7th page, I used some Studio Calico (background) and Simple Stories & My Mind's Eye patterned paper, some MME decorative brads and some PTI dies (block numbers, tag sale #5, double-ended banner). Again, the photo will go on the bottom half of the page.


For Dec. 8th, I used a sheet of Studio Calico patterned paper, my date stamp and some PTI supplies (vellum cardstock, seeing stars dies, button & twine.) I was inspired by this week's Make It Monday at PTI: Layered Vellum Die Cuts. The photo will go at the top of this page.


I created this page for this week's Make It Monday at PTI: Layered Vellum Die Cuts. Here's a close-up of my layered vellum stars:


For Dec. 9th, I used another sheet of Studio Calico patterned paper for the background, to which I added a piece of My Mind's Eye patterned paper diecut with my PTI mat stack 4 die. On this, I stamped the date with my date stamp. The photo will go at the bottom of the page.


I also created this page for this week's Make It Monday at PTI: Layered Vellum Die Cuts, using my Christmas Poinsettia dies from PTI, as well as their vellum. The badge is from an etsy store called A Flair for Buttons.


For my Dec. 14th page, I diecut some PTI Love Lives Here: Holidays trees from Simple Stories patterned paper and put them on a Scenic Route patterned paper background. I added some PTI buttons with PTI twine, as well as a PTI Label Basics stamp at the top. The photo will go at the bottom of this page.


For Dec. 15th, where again, the photo will go at the bottom of the page, I used some Scenic Route patterned paper as the background and diecut some MME patterned paper with my Memory Box die. I stamped another PTI Label Basics label, along with the numbers from Movers & Shakers Sentiments on a piece of MME patterned paper and added a couple of PTI buttons with twine.


For my Christmas Eve page, I diecut some The Girl's Paperie patterned paper with my PTI Limitless Layers: Ovals 3.5" die and on it stamped images from PTI's Navitivity Silhouettes. I added some PTI buttons and twine and a tiny tag diecut of a sheet of Pink Paislee patterned paper from the date. The background patterned paper is Simple Stories.


For Christmas Day, I used my PTI Limitless Layers: Ovals 2.25" dies to diecut from some Simple Stories (the "25") and My Mind's Eye patterned paper. I added some PTI buttons, along with a Pink Paislee chipboard star, inked with PTI simply chartreuse ink.


Here's a close up:


For Dec. 30th, I used some PTI patterned paper & vellum, stamps (movers and shakers sentiments), buttons, twine and dies (snowflake medley, tiny tags).


This page was also created for this week's Make It Monday at PTI: Layered Vellum Die Cuts.


And, last, but not least, for New Year's Eve, I used some Studio Calico patterned paper for the background. I diecut some Simple Stories patterned paper with my PTI mat stack 4 die, as well as my PTI Block Numbers die for the date. I adhered this to the page strategically over a white circle on the background and added another A Flair for Buttons badge and two decorative brads (MME for the aqua one and Basic Grey for the little one).


Whew!

Well, I was reminded during this process of why I don't make a lot of mini albums.... I just get a little tired of them towards the end of the process. It's nice though, with the December Daily, because now I can just add my photos and journaling throughout the next month to finish it off--a huge bulk of the work is now done!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Kara said...

awesome albumn!

Leah said...

Love how it all came together, simple yet embellished just enough to make it pretty and interesting! I don't make a lot of mini albums either...I think for the same reason you mentioned;)

Marcia Hill said...

What a pretty album! Wish I would of done something like this when my girls were younger...oh well, maybe grandkids someday? :0) Enjoy filling it in with all your memories...it will be a priceless keepsake!

Marlena M. said...

You put so much work into this...it's lovely Leigh! You will be glad you put the time and effort into it~

Luanne said...

I've really enjoyed seeing all of these pages! You've put a lot of thought and work into them. Fabulous project!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love all the papers you chose. The colors are so soothing. Love your layered vellum you did for the MIM.
Have fun filling it out!