Saturday, November 17, 2012

December Daily 2012, part 1


So after deliberating about it a bit, I decided to make a December Daily again this year. I'd made my first DD in 2008 and my second in 2010, so I figured that it had become an even-year-thing for me. ;)

My first two DDs (click here for 2008 and here for 2010) were made as chipboard mini-albums. I'd thought of going this same route again this year and of using my polaroid frame from PTI's Fabulous Frames, but then, I thought about how I like the idea of Project Life, even though I have no desire to make a PL album. I like the idea of slipping things into the different page protector slots. So I went to Staples and bought a 5.5x8.8" album and a package of Martha Stewart page protectors with four pockets each.

For the cover, I was inspired by this card sketch that Lori posted at Love is in the Details:



Here's my cover:


I used a sheet of Crate Paper patterned paper that pulled together a lot of the colours I wanted to use in my album.

I added some PTI cardstock (aqua mist) and My Mind's Eye patterned paper diecut with my PTI dies (tag sale #5 & double-ended banner). I stamped on the cardstock with a PTI stamp from the Fillable Frames #8 set and added a Flair badge.


Inspired by this week's Make It Monday at PTI, I decided to add a pocket to the front. I diecut the "December 2012" using my PTI modern alphabet dies. For the pocket, I stamped with PTI Snowflake Medley stamps and then ran it through my Big Shot with my PTI Simple Stripes impression plate. I added a strip of aqua mist cardstock diecut with the double-ended banner dies, a couple of buttons and a Pink Paislee chipboard heart that I inked with PTI Fine Linen ink.


Here's the tag that gets pulled out of the pocket. I stamped on it with PTI fresh snow ink and more Snowflake Medley stamps, as well as a sentiment from PTI's Shutterbug Special set.


On the back of the cover, I adhered a sheet of Scenic Route patterned paper. To this I added the negative that was left over from cutting out "December" for my title page. I added a strip of MME patterned paper from my scraps, as well as a Crate Paper tag that I trimmed down. I inked up another Pink Paislee chipboard shape (this time an arrow with PTI Pure Poppy ink) and added it, strategically pointing to the "1" for my date. A little bit of kraft button twine finishes it off.


So, the title page and one day done, 30 more days to go.... ;)

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Karen C. said...

I love your title page, Leigh. There's so many great elements, colours and details. I didn't even notice the pocket at first ... such a sweet surprise!! The 'chapters' concept is a fun idea. Will you use that heading/title for each day? Super start on your December Daily.

craftmates said...

Great start on your Dec Daily, Leigh! Love your colours and can't wait to see the rest.-Irma

Camilla said...

you are so productive! it looks beautiful .. :-)

Tracy said...

this is really lovely - what a wonderful keepsake you will have. You are most prolific with the scrappin and cardmaking - jealous here :-)! I'm looking forward to seeing the days ~

Crystal said...

I bought those same pages at Staples! Now I'm inspired to get going on the inside stuff. Thanks for showing your start - good luck with celebrating the days leading to His birth.

merry said...

These are so adorable! Can you come craft at my house?????