December Daily 2012, part 1

Saturday, November 17, 2012


So after deliberating about it a bit, I decided to make a December Daily again this year. I'd made my first DD in 2008 and my second in 2010, so I figured that it had become an even-year-thing for me. ;)

My first two DDs (click here for 2008 and here for 2010) were made as chipboard mini-albums. I'd thought of going this same route again this year and of using my polaroid frame from PTI's Fabulous Frames, but then, I thought about how I like the idea of Project Life, even though I have no desire to make a PL album. I like the idea of slipping things into the different page protector slots. So I went to Staples and bought a 5.5x8.8" album and a package of Martha Stewart page protectors with four pockets each.

For the cover, I was inspired by this card sketch that Lori posted at Love is in the Details:



Here's my cover:


I used a sheet of Crate Paper patterned paper that pulled together a lot of the colours I wanted to use in my album.

I added some PTI cardstock (aqua mist) and My Mind's Eye patterned paper diecut with my PTI dies (tag sale #5 & double-ended banner). I stamped on the cardstock with a PTI stamp from the Fillable Frames #8 set and added a Flair badge.


Inspired by this week's Make It Monday at PTI, I decided to add a pocket to the front. I diecut the "December 2012" using my PTI modern alphabet dies. For the pocket, I stamped with PTI Snowflake Medley stamps and then ran it through my Big Shot with my PTI Simple Stripes impression plate. I added a strip of aqua mist cardstock diecut with the double-ended banner dies, a couple of buttons and a Pink Paislee chipboard heart that I inked with PTI Fine Linen ink.


Here's the tag that gets pulled out of the pocket. I stamped on it with PTI fresh snow ink and more Snowflake Medley stamps, as well as a sentiment from PTI's Shutterbug Special set.


On the back of the cover, I adhered a sheet of Scenic Route patterned paper. To this I added the negative that was left over from cutting out "December" for my title page. I added a strip of MME patterned paper from my scraps, as well as a Crate Paper tag that I trimmed down. I inked up another Pink Paislee chipboard shape (this time an arrow with PTI Pure Poppy ink) and added it, strategically pointing to the "1" for my date. A little bit of kraft button twine finishes it off.


So, the title page and one day done, 30 more days to go.... ;)

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Karen C. said...

I love your title page, Leigh. There's so many great elements, colours and details. I didn't even notice the pocket at first ... such a sweet surprise!! The 'chapters' concept is a fun idea. Will you use that heading/title for each day? Super start on your December Daily.

craftmates said...

Great start on your Dec Daily, Leigh! Love your colours and can't wait to see the rest.-Irma

Camilla said...

you are so productive! it looks beautiful .. :-)

Tracy said...

this is really lovely - what a wonderful keepsake you will have. You are most prolific with the scrappin and cardmaking - jealous here :-)! I'm looking forward to seeing the days ~

Crystal said...

I bought those same pages at Staples! Now I'm inspired to get going on the inside stuff. Thanks for showing your start - good luck with celebrating the days leading to His birth.

merry said...

These are so adorable! Can you come craft at my house?????

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut