Thursday, November 29, 2012

My new toy


So, after waiting patiently for over a month, I finally got my new Silhouette Portrait.

I picked it up on Tuesday afternoon and that evening, unpacked it and set it on our dining room table. I'm not sure how something so adorable could be so intimidating, but it was! LOL! Sage kept asking me if we were going to cut something with it...... "Um, not tonight, Sweetie."

So, yesterday afternoon, I gathered up my courage and plugged it in, watched the DVD and decided to make my first cuts. I ended up cutting out three "believes": one that I downloaded from the Silhouette online store, another from a font I'd downloaded from the Silhouette online store and the third one was a cut file that I'd downloaded from www.heidiswapp.com.

I was surprised at how painless it all was!

So, last night, I created three cards in my scrap area, using my new cut-out words...

For all three cards, I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white, soft stone) and stamps (nativity silhouettes, beautiful blessings:holidays). The patterned paper for the diecut words is Echo Park.

This first card has the believe that I'd downloaded from the Silhouette online store.


This second card uses the believe that I made myself using this font that I downloaded from the Silhouette online store. (Our of the three cards, this is my favourite!)



And for my third card, this is the cut file that I had to trace first (thanks for the advice, Cheryl!) and then cut. It's from Heidi Swapp.


Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

Well now we can be Silhouette buddies ... I just wrote my first post with a Silhouette project too! I like the middle card also, but they're all great. Need to learn about the tracing you used on your last card. Can't wait to see what else you create!

Anita Rex said...

So exciting! I love what you cut and so love the cards you made! :> Great job! :> Can't wait to see what else you create!

craftmates said...

Wow, all 3 cards are beautiful! So excited for your new toy! Looking forward to seeing more. - Irma

Deb said...

This is so exciting Leigh! I love what you created. My Cameo is due to arrive in the next few days (my early Christmas present). I am sure Leah will be eager to help me use it. Can't wait to see what you create!!!

Jen said...

oh, i love them!! i just sold my silhouette sd to my girlfriend so i could upgrade to the cameo!!:) it just arrived yesterday and my husband says now i have to wait until Christmas to open it...but i'm thinking i might just take it out of the box and wrap the empty box!;)

again, love these cards!!

Tracy said...

first off - love-ly cards. I love that verse (and his name shall be called Wonderful....). and the believe is just perfect. I am looking at your stitching and hoping a new machine is under the tree for me LOL (i've gone thru 2 machines in the past 15 years...sigh... i guess i give them too much of a workout!) anyway I'm so looking forward to seeing more posts using your Cameo. I am more and more intrigued by it (having talked myself out of it a number of times - only because I think do i really need another tool? seeing your cards makes me think.. maybe ;-))

Alanna said...

These are so gorgeous Leigh. Great job with the silhouette.

carol (krillsister) said...

Love the simple variations on the cards. They all look great.
I have yet to use these verses on my Christmas cards. Hopefully, I'll ink them up within the next week.