Sunday, November 25, 2012

PTI November Blog Hop

Well, I almost missed it, but I managed to get a card made this evening for this month's Blog Hop at Papertrey Ink!

This month's challenge was to used a book cover as inspiration for our projects.


I was inspired by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz book cover in the bottom right hand corner, so I decided to implement Betsy's Chalkboard Art meets Stamping technique to create my card.


I started off by stamping my sentiments (PTI's Love, Joy, Peace, Movers & Shakers Sentiments and Think Big Favourites #17) in versamark and heat embossing them with white embossing powder and then stamping them again with PTI Fresh Snow ink. Then I added a couple of flourishes from PTI's The Sweet Life stamp set with fresh snow ink. I stamped the images from Tremendous Treats: Birthday onto patterned paper scraps (Crate, Echo Park, October Afternoon, PTI) and cut them out and added them to my card. I mounted the whole card on PTI Aqua Mist cardstock and stitched around the edges.

Thanks for looking!

28 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Leigh, this is absolutely precious and a fabulous look with the chalkboard technique! Sweet card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh what a fantastic card based on the Wizard cover art.

Jessica Griffin said...

Gorgeous card Leigh!

Unknown said...

So pretty! :)

Wida said...

Wowza

tonyamaries said...

Awesome job!

Meredith said...

So well done! I can't wait to try Betsy's technique. You used the layout of the book cover perfectly, and I love how you incorporated the animals!

Kelly Griglione said...

Leigh, love your chalkboard word art! This is exactly what I had in mind to make, but it didn't end up happening. So glad you did it. It looks fantastic. Love your shadowing! And the animals are super-cute too!

Elena said...

I LOVE IT!! how absolutely adorable! glad you could squeeze it in ;)

victoria h said...

Fabulous card - love Betsy's technique.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great card! Love the chalkboard effect and the fun animals too!

craftmates said...

Fabulous card Leigh! Love the chlkboard effect. Irma

Kara said...

so cute!!

Kelly S. said...

EEK, the little animals are so cute with this technique! Reminds me of drawings on a blacktop driveway. Adorable, Leigh!

Luanne said...

What a darling card! Great job with the chalkboard technique too!

Sonia said...

So pretty, Leigh!

Jennifer K said...

This turned out so cool! I just adore how you used so many sentiments and images - very fun!

Marlena M. said...

This looks so cool! Wonderful technique~

Sanketi said...

Lovely..must try this technique!

Karen C. said...

Great combination of techniques, Leigh. It would be a really fun card for a child's birthday.

LEG Studios said...

Your work is amazing, Leigh! Love your take on the challenge and you've nailed the chalkboard look!

Anonymous said...

Love the way you did the text. I will have to try this.
Great card.

Audrey said...

Leigh! This is just adorable! Beautifully done! Love it :)

Anonymous said...

Your card is awesome. That double stamping for shadows just amazes me! Pat K.

Camilla said...

totally cool card Leigh!!!!
you should frame it ... so fundet that card.
I must check that technique. ..now I read about several places.

Deb said...

Leigh, this is fabulous! I love that chalkboard effect!

Jean said...

This is fantastic ~ love the images you chose and the chalkboard technique ~ a great take on the Wizard of Oz cover!

Terri said...

Great card! Love the animals.