Saturday, November 10, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things

Not getting called into work this week has left me with time to relax and recuperate from my trip to the DR Congo. However, with wanting to get my body back on a North American schedule, I haven't wanted to take naps, preferring to stay up as late as I can (10pm last night!) to recover from my jet lag.

It's also given me some time to spend somewhere I missed when I was away..... my scrap space! LOL! Sad, but true.

So, loving that this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Creating Focal Point Sentiments with Stamps & Dies was right up my alley this week, I decided to make a few more cards using this technique. I was also able to spend time online this week, catching up on my favourite blogs. In doing so, I noticed that Moxie Fab World has a few new challenges up on their blog.

The Journaling Cards Challenge in the Moxie Fab World caught my eye and I decided to play along, using a couple of journaling cards from Project Life that my friend, Mandy, passed along to me this week.

Here's my first card:



I cut out the "happy" from the journaling card using my PTI modern alphabet uppercase dies. Then I stamped the "birthday" from Think Big Favourites #12. The two larger hexagons were cut from my PTI hexagon cover plate and mounted with SU! dimensional adhesive. The three smaller hexagons are My Mind's Eye chipboard. The patterned paper is also My Mind's Eye, The Sweetest Thing, Honey. I have one full sheet from this 6x6 paper pad left-- I've loved using it a lot! I especially love the yellow diagonal stripe along the top of the pages and have tried to incorporate it where I can. Here, I hid the little hole behind my journaling card.

With the leftover letters, I decided to use a second journaling card and make another card:


I adhered the letters to the journaling card, which gives them a cool embossed look. Again, I used the same stamps, dies and patterned paper. The buttons and twine are PTI and the chipboard pieces are Crate Paper.

Here's a close up of the diecut letters:



Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Leigh, even your jetlag cards are outstanding! These are beautiful. BEAUTIFUL!

I hope you are back comfortable in your own timezone as quickly as can be. I have enjoyed reading your Congo posts, they're amazing! Thanks for sharing the journey.

Kara said...

gorgoeus cards Leigh!!

Camilla said...

Welcome home!
The cards are great, I rarely use yellow on my cards but yours are striking.
I must try it.

Julie Marshall said...

Great cards! Love the hexagons.