Sunday, February 24, 2013

2 sketches, 2 layouts

I wanted to share two layouts that I made yesterday, using two different sketches that I found online.

The first sketch is from the My Mind's Eye blog, for their February Sketch Challenge.



I chose some photos that I took almost two years ago, while we were on a walk in the Pembina Valley. I used some My Mind's Eye Indie Chic patterned paper and brads.


I diecut a PTI mat stack 4 die for the top left hand corner, on which I layered a Notched Flower diecut that I stamped with a Funky Florals stamp and heat embossed them with some Zing embossing powder. I repeated these diecut flowers two more times around my photo and topped them with some buttons and twine.


For my title, I used my PTI Counting my Blessings stamp set and coordinating die, which I diecut from some more MME patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment with Scarlet Jewel ink. Under the photo, I stamped a couple of sentiments from PTI's fabulous frames set.

And this next sketch was posted at the Love is in the Details for their recent online crop.


And here's the layout I made for it, using some more My Mind's Eye patterned paper (gold hexagon, grey polka dot) and decorative brads. The cream background patterned paper is Crate Paper.


For my title, I diecut my Headline Alphabet dies out of rustic white cardstock and then stamped them with Headline Alphabet stamps & A Muse Studio Slate ink. I layered them on a Tag Sale #5 diecut. The chipboard arrows are Pink Paislee mistable ones, which I chose to keep white. I backed the largest one with some grey cardstock.


Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Joyce said...

These are just amazing. You have such a gift for translating a complicated sketch into an incredible family memory.

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous layouts Leigh! I love the first one especially - the patterned paper is awesome and your Funky Florals accent it perfectly!!

natashakara said...

Wow! I love both of these layouts Leigh. You are so talented. I wish I could create layouts like this.
They are gorgeous!

Kara said...

Beautiful layouts! Love the floral paper!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous layouts! I especially love the first one and how you've layered the flowers over the photos....you do such a good job incorporating stamps in your layouts!

Linda Nicholson said...

Gorgeous layouts Leigh! I love the colors and flowers on the first layout. On the second layout I love how you focused on how your son loves his Logos! As a mom with two Lego loving boys in my house...this is definitely something I can relate to!

You are really inspiring me to start scrapping again (and that is a good thing). I love how you combine the two worlds of stamping and scrapping and that your pages are embellished, but still have a CAS vibe.

Linda

Suzanne B. Webb said...

Love your color combos on both layouts...you do such a good job with a sketch...I think I need to try that... :)

Anonymous said...

just dropping by to say hi

Donna said...

Awesome, Leigh! Honestly, you've never created a layout that I wasn't head-over-heels in love with! Thanks for sharing your special talent!

Suzanne B. Webb said...

Leigh, thanks so much for 'trying' to see my video, and letting me know it didn't work, I figured out how to go in and make it public (this will definitely be a learning process and one that will for sure push me out of my comfort zone :)

Jen said...

Very pretty!! I love your layouts!!! I think I need those new flowers too...so pretty!!

Kelly Griglione said...

SO IN LOVE with your first layout and how you used the "blessed" die cut. It looks so at home where you put it. Perfect scale for a scrapbook page!

Also love the gray and yellow on your Lego layout. Oh, and the patterned paper arrows too!