Friday, February 08, 2013

PTI Anniversary Contest #4

I made two cards this afternoon for today's anniverary challenge at Papertrey Ink, which was to use a Year of Flowers stamp on a card. I don't own any of these stamps, but my friend, Susan, does, so I borrowed her Roses set for the challenge.

For my first card,  I stamped the flower and leaves on rustic cream cardstock and fussy cut them out. I layered them over some Crate Paper patterned paper and stamped a sentiment from Lovely Layers. The buttons and twine finish it off.


This next card turned out very differently than what I first started out to make. I was planning on making a one layer card, but messed up the white space on my cardstock. So I cut out my blooms and layered them on some PTI patterned paper. I added a stamped sentiment and frame (from Pretty Peonies) and some buttons.


For my blooms, I heat embossed the stamped images with white embossing powder and used some PTI berry sorbet and limeade ice ink with a Tim Holtz blending tool to colour them in.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

So different from each other, but the ink painting I'm definitely partial to! So pretty.

Unknown said...

Okay, Leigh, that second card with the emboss resist is drop dead gorgeous!!!!!!!!

craftmates said...

Oh these are so pretty Leigh! The second one turned out great. Good you were able to save the image. The white embossing is lovely.-Irma

Miriam Prantner said...

These are great! The embossed one is my favorite....it's so great to have friends who share! :)

Joyce said...

They are both so pretty. I love how you inked and colored the second flower.

Susan said...

I love them both! I love the LO and perfect balancing of elements on the first one. (I stink at that type of design.) And the coloring on the second card is gorgeous!!

Jill Norwood said...

These are both so beautiful! Still one of my very favorite stamp sets from PTI - one of the first I ever owned!

Kelly Griglione said...

Way to be resourceful on this one, Leigh! Both are lovely of course, but that second one with the ink blending is just SO COOL!!! Delish!