Monday, February 11, 2013

Six more cards....

I made another six cards this afternoon for today's challenge at Papertrey Ink, which is to create a project using one of the colour schemes that Nichole posted on her blog.

Well, I have to admit that out of all of the crafty challenges there are, my least favourite are the colour ones. I'm not sure if it's because I prefer to start with patterned paper when I craft or not, but I always find the colour challenges, well, challenging and I don't always like the end result.

So, I decided that for today's challenge, I would combine challenges with the colour challenges in the hopes of having more success.

For my first card, I used or Sketch 153 from Got Sketch?, along with Colour Scheme No. 1 from Nichole's blog:

I used some Crate Paper patterned paper and chipboard, along with some Papertrey Ink vintage cream cardstock and a sentiment from Wreath from all Seasons.


For the rest of my cards, I let myself be inspired by the PTI design team and created cards based on some of their favourites for the Day One challenge at Papertrey Ink. For this next card, I was inspired by Ashley's card (first card in the second column)...

... and I used Colour Scheme No. 2:

I used PTI cardstock (white, new leaf, enchanted evening), Happy Day stamps and dies and some PTI buttons. The ribbon was a gift from Hanne, an online friend.


For this next card, I was inspired by Dawn's card (third card in the first column)...


... and Colour Scheme No. 3:


I decided to use my PTI Chevron Stripes stamp set, along with a sentiment from Boy Basics: Game On. I added a Pink Paislee mistable star that I inked with Blueberry Sky. (I really wasn't happy with how this one turned out, but Sage said it was fine.)


Once again, I was inspired by one of Ashley's cards (second card in the first column)...



... as well as Colour Scheme No. 4:

I liked how Ashley had stamped the top flowers from The Sweet Life on patterned paper on her card, so I decided to do the same, but used The Sweet Life for the focal image, too. The sentiment is a Think Big Favourites stamp. The patterned paper I used is My Mind's Eye.


For my fifth card, I was inspired by another one of Dawn's cards (card in the column)...


... as well as Colour Scheme No. 5:


I loved how Dawn had stamped on her tag, raised some elements and stamped on the patterned paper behind her tag as well. I decided to do the same, but once again using The Sweet Life, Tag Sale #7 and TBF #12 (this is my favourite card from today!)


And lastly, I was inspired by Heather's first card in the first column...


... and Colour Scheme No. 6:


I love Heather's stamped images on the front of her card, but when I was digging through my scraps, I found this Crate Paper favourite of mine and decided to make my card using the same design as Heather's with the ribbon and sentiment near the bottom.


Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, Leigh! I don't know how you do it. I take forever to come up with one new card, and here you've created so many beauties in the last couple of days. Well done!

Suzanne B. Webb said...

You are positively my new inspiration, I can't believe you can get so many cards done in a day, I love them all, esp. that first one!

Elena said...

wow! I can't keep up with you! On an amazing crafty day, I might be able to make 2 cards, but how did you manage to make so many? And all very pretty!

craftmates said...

Beautiful cards, all of them!-Irma

Taheerah said...

These are all beautiful Leigh! Once again I'm drawn to The Sweet Life ones, they're just so well stamped! Great cards!

Linda Nicholson said...

You certainly can't tell that you find the color challenges more "challenging" as all your cards are just spot on! I do know what you mean about feeling roped in by the colors though. I seem to do well when there are only 2-3 colors. When there are several, I have a hard time figuring out what color to use where....

Linda