Tuesday, February 05, 2013

One more card for today...


I managed to make another card for today's challenge at Papertrey Ink this evening (we were challenged to be create something using one of the DT's favourite projects as inspiration). I was inspired by Ashley's banner card (second row, second column):


I decided to make a Valentine's Day card for Jonah. I used some Crate Paper Fourteen patterned paper to make my card background and banner. I layered some Tiny Tags diecuts over my banners (cut with Tag Sale #5 and trimmed down) and added some stitching and buttons. For the middle banner, I decided to incorporate this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: the Diecut Double Up. I cut two banners pieces and then diecut a heart from Tiny Tags from the top layer, so the patterned paper from the bottom layer would show through.


I stamped my sentiment using "happy" from Embroidered Blooms and "Valentine's Day" from Heart Prints.

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Suzanne B. Webb said...

I love the banner shapes against the ledger backdrop you've chosen!

jkstiles77 said...

I absolutely love your style, Leigh! Your cards are always exceptional! I notice that you stitch on your cards and was wondering if you actually stitch the layer to the front of your card, or if you do your stitching BEFORE you attach it to the front of your card.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Leigh! I love the tags on the banners, and the connecting buttons!

Taheerah said...

Cute Leigh, I love the colours!

Amy Papale said...

Love your card! The layering is just beautiful!

Jaclyn Miller said...

CA-UTE! Adore those soft colored banners and especially the stitching.

Rose A said...

This is so cute!! Definitely my favourite from this fist challenge, although your layout from last post is a close second !

Danielle Flanders said...

So adorable!!

Tara Elias said...

That's one beautiful card! :)

Luanne said...

I always loved Ashley's card with the tags ~ yours is just as delightful! Isn't is fun to be playing these challenges? Your projects are awesome.

Tracey McNeely said...

This so pretty Leigh!

nancy said...

That banner card of Ashley's is so inspiring. I really like your sweet take on it.
You are very impressive with your ability to combine challenges. Wish I could do that.

Kara said...

sooo pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is so polished. I am amazed at how precise your sewing is. Such a lovely card!

DF said...

Beautiful cards Leigh! I especially love the Melissa Phillips inspired one, Maile's medallion and the banners. I don't have much time to blog anymore, but I come visit yours everyday, and get lots of inspiration; thanks for sharing!