Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Watercolouring

I have some cards to share today for today's anniversary challenge at Papertrey Ink, which is to use a watercolour technique on your project.


I decided to combine a couple of my cards with the Day One challenge at Papertrey Ink, which was to use the DT's favourite projects as inspiration. For my first card, I decided to try my hand at Heather's first card and stamp flowers over the front of my card.


I used The Sweet Life, with sweet blush, hisbiscus burst & raspberry fizz ink for the blooms and spring moss & ripe avocado for the leaves. I dabbed some ink onto a stamp case, added some water with a paint brush and painted over my blooms and leaves to give a watercolour effect. The sentiment was added using TBF #12.


For my next card, I was inspired to use Turning a New Leaf with Beautiful Butterflies, because of Cristina's last card in the first column:

I stamped my butterflies in sweet blush, hibiscus burst & raspberry fizz ink and then I flipped the stamps over and stamped them again in the same colours, but stamping off once first. I also stamped off when I stamped my leaves. I swiped some hibiscus burst ink along the sides before matting it on some hibiscus burst cardstock and adding some stitching.


For my next card, because I still had my friend's YOF:Roses, I stamped the blooms and leaves in versafine and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I also did the same with my sentiment from communique sentiments. Then, I pressed ink (sweet blush, scarlet jewel, ripe avocado) onto my stamp press, added some water with a paint brush and painted my stamped images.


For my last two cards, I was inspired by Heather's card and tag today and decided to use the same technique, but with my wonderful words stamps and dies. I pressed ink (enchanted evening, pure poppy, hawaiian shores, canyon clay and ripe avocado) onto my stamp press and added water with a paint brush and painted on some strokes. Then I ran my cardstock through my Big Shot with my happy die. I backed it in simply chartreuse cardstock and added some vellum, diecut with the double-ended banner die and stamped in versafine and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Some stitching finishes it all off.


So for my last card, I used the "happy" that I'd diecut, along with some Crate Paper patterned paper, sweet blush and white cardstock, half & half dies and some buttons.


Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Audrey said...

Wow! All of these are so beautiful! I especially love the first one!

Linda Nicholson said...

Really love your Sweet Life roses! I swear, I've seen more beautiful creations from you with this set!

I also really like the last two cards. I knew you were drawing inspiration from Pine without reading through the actual post. I don't recall seeing that particular die before (script "happy"). Is that a PTI die?

Linda

Karen C. said...

Gorgeous cards, Leigh. Your watercoloured flowers are beautiful - very soft and elegant looking.

Tracy said...

all so very pretty Leigh!

Taheerah said...

OMG - how do you get to be so productive Leigh?! And each one of these is lovely!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Leigh,
Your cards are beautiful.
The Sweet Life roses are stunning. It's my favorite.

Kara said...

Very pretty cards Leigh!

Carolanne said...

These are all beautiful! Your speed at which you create AND how great your cards look is amazing!

Anonymous said...

You were one creative lady today! Great cards! I love them all. Love you layout of the roses on the second card.

Linda said...

All of your cards are so beautiful.

Tracey McNeely said...

All you cards are so beautiful Leigh, love your watercolouring.

Kristii said...

Your projects are absolutely beautiful Leigh!!! I love them all!

Joyce said...

These are all so gorgeous. You are really rocking these challenges. Should be your time to win, don't you think?

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful cards, love your watercolouring :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! That first one is stunning!

Rhonda said...

Beautiful cards Leigh. Received my Paper Crafts Mar/Apr magazine and kept seeing your paper projects. Congrats!!

Shay said...

Leigh, how do you do it? Another batch (wow, you are productive!) of beautiful cards. I love how much impact your designs have.