Sunday, February 10, 2013

Six for Sunday

I got six cards made today.... one before church, four this afternoon and one after supper. I love crafty days like today! :)

First up is the card that I made this morning. I was inspired by Jessica Witty's card for the Day One challenge at Papertrey Ink (second card in the second column).


I was inspired to pair my Happy Hexagons coverplate with my Lovely Layers dies. I used my coverplate as an impression plate on some Crate Paper patterned paper. I added more Crate goodness (paper and brad) to create my bloom. The banner was created using a trimmed down tag slae 5 tag and stamps from Framed Out #1.


Next up are five cards that I made for Papertrey Ink's anniversary challenge for today: using the five sketches that Nichole posted on her blog.


I decided to modify the sketch slightly to accomodate six squares instead of three. I used my PTI alpha-blocks die to cut the squares from the Bo Bunny patterned paper. On the cardstock behind the patterned paper, I stamped some Funky Florals bursts in summer sunrise, aqua mist, enchanted evening, hawaiian shores and orange zest. The sentiment is from a Simon Says stamp set, which I used for the Love is in the Details online crop challenge to make a Valentine's card without using "lovey" words.




I used some more Crate Paper on this card, as well as my PTI Lovely Layers dies and my fabulous frames dies. The sentiment is a PTI Botanical Silhouettes stamp and I added some yellow baker's twine. The front panel is adhered to the cardstock using dimensional adhesive. Oh, see that brad? I made that using my SU! build a brads and a 1/2" circle punch.




February is Teacher Appreciation Month at our school and tomorrow, I'm bringing some treats for the staff for their coffee break. I thought I'd use Sketch No. 3 to make a thank you card for the staff. I used some PTI white and hawaiian shores cardstock for the base, stamping a sentiment from Happy Trails. I used some Crate Paper patterned paper as well as a scrap of patterned paper that I found in my stash that had numbers on it. I stamped some pencils from Happy Trails along the top piece of patterned paper and then added a star and Echo Park diecut and brad over the seam. I diecut the star twice using PTI's Seeing Stars dies for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: the Diecut Double Up.




For Sketch No. 4, I decided to use an embossing technique for a Love is in the Details online crop challenge. I stamped by PTI Beautiful Butterflies stamps with versamark and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. Then, I diecut a rectangle with one of my PTI Tag Sale 7 dies from a post-it note. I used this to make a mask so I could add some Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz inks with my Tim Holtz blending tool


The sentiment is also from Beautiful Butterflies. The patterned paper is Bo Bunny.




And lastly, here's the card that I made for Sketch No. 5, using The Sweet Life stamps and dies, layered over  some Bo Bunny patterned paper. I diecut the flowers from sweet blush cardstock and then stamped them with sweet blush, hibiscus burst and raspberry fizz. The leaves are diecut from some Crate Paper patterned paper and stamped with spring moss and ripe avocado inks.The sentiment is from Pretty Peonies.



Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Joyce said...

Well, Leigh--you have been one busy gal, and all your cards are just gorgeous. I am especially impressed with your last card, as I can never get those darn Sweet Life roses to line up properly.

Felicia said...

You are so talented! I LOVED your last card the best! Simply stunning! Your blog is one of my favorites to read! Thanks for sharing your talents!

Jill Norwood said...

Leigh these are all just absolutely beautiful!!! Love your takes on each sketch! :)Jill

Suzanne B. Webb said...

Oh, gosh, your cards are gorgeous....congrats on getting 5 done, that's impressive!

Taheerah said...

Wow - you've been busy Leigh! Wish my crafty days were as productive, lol! Love all these cards - particular favourites for me are the 'You Totally Rock' one and The Sweet Life one. Wonderful!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! I'm so impressed by your output! Unfortunately we entertained this weekend, so I actually had to pack up the craft area/dining room....hoping to get back at it tonight!

Shay said...

I think I may start stalking your blog for inspiration...every single card you made is fantastic! I don't have a favorite as they are beautiful.

Kara said...

beautiful projects leigh!

carol (krillsister) said...

Leigh,
Your cards are all fantastic.
I especially like how your card for sketch #3 turned out. I found that one very difficult to execute. You did an awesome job.

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh my word, Leigh, you are on fire! I unofficially give you the unofficial award for the biggest Papertrey challenge player, unofficially speaking! You always embrace these challenges so enthusiastically and with great result. I can't even pick a favorite. They're all fab, and all so you. Patterned paper + sewing + ribbon = Leigh Penner. Love your style!

DoofyJEss2 said...

What a gorgeous card!! I just received The Sweet Life last night and can't wait to play with it!! Thank you for the inspiration!