Tuesday, February 05, 2013

PTI Anniversary Contest #1

Well, it's finally time for Papertrey Ink's Anniversary Celebration. I participated in the celebration last year for the first time and had such a great time that I've been looking forward to this one with much anticipation.

Today's challenge was to be inspired by one of PTI's fabulous DT's favourite projects. So, eleven amazing designers sharing six projects each.... it made it a little hard to narrow it down! LOL!

So, I managed to choose two.... (so far! LOL!) First up a card by Danielle Flanders:


I was inspired by her card in the second row of the second column. I loved the pairing of the Rosie Posie stamps and dies with the Doily Details die. I decided to put my own twist on this combination by using it as well for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: the Diecut Double Up. I doubled up the Detail Doily diecut with sweet blush and vintage cream cardstock and then diecut a rosie posie bloom from the vintage cream doily. I stamped with versamark on the pink doily and heat embossed it to make a pink bloom.



I used some MME and Teresa Collins patterned paper for the background and the sentiment is from Embroidered Blooms. A couple of buttons finishes it off.

I was also inspired by Jessica Witty's project (the last one in the first column):


I remembered when she'd originally posted her magnet project using Fabulous Frames this summer. Well, I was inspired by this project to create a layout using my Fabulous Frames stamps/dies and some photos I took at the beach this past summer.

I diecut my Fabulous Frames polaroid frames from PTI Stamper's Select White cardstock. I adhered them to my background patterned paper (Studio Calico), which I layered over a piece of Echo Park patterned paper.


I reserved some of the green background patterned paper to diecut the banner diecuts (also Fabulous Frames) and once again used this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: the Diecut Double Up. I used an angled label die for my double-up diecuts and stamped some sentiments from Fabulous Frames. For the date, I used my date stamp. I cut my black title on my Silhouette Portrait and layered it over some an extra water photo.


For my journaling, I used my PTI edger #5 die and my PTI Simple Stripes impression plate. It's tucked behind the top photo on the right hand side.


And here's a close-up of my journaling:


Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Kara said...

beautiful!! both of them! I need to get off the computer and go make something!!

Taheerah said...

Great projects Leigh, love the little extra touches on your layout!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both a such beautiful projects Leigh! Your colours are fabulous.

Lisa Elton said...

Leigh your card is divine ~ really pretty! Love your fun LO too, cute photos!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great projects.
Love the colors of the card as well as the die cuts you used.
The scrapbook page is awesome.
Love the use of those frames.

Pat Q said...

Really nice take on Danielle's card.

craftmates said...

Great projects. The layout is wonderful with so many photos.- Irma

Luanne said...

Yummy colors on your card! I need to remember this combination. Just lovely!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful projects Leigh! Love the fun pictures and your lovely card!

Jessica said...

Love this, Leigh! Especially the journaling tab and pocket... flipping brilliant.

tonyamaries said...

Great projects! I love the colors on the card.

Danielle Flanders said...

Love these, Leigh! Thank you for choosing one of my cards! Love how yours turned out!!