Friday, July 04, 2014

Five for Friday


Happy Friday!

1. We've been a little busy since summer started.... the kids were done school last Friday,
so we drove to the beach for a quick photo shoot after picking up their report cards.
On Saturday, we drove to Winnipeg to take my mom out for lunch & then 
I took the kids to see How To Train Your Dragon 2 (which was excellent, by the way!)
Jonah wanted a date with me (so sweet!), so on Sunday, he & I went to see Transformers 4 
(which was also very good -- my favourite Transformers movie for sure -- Hello, Mark Walberg! -- but just a warning, it's almost 3 hours long.)


2. Our Canada Day celebrations got rained out, but we were able to have a little fun
with some sparklers on Wednesday evening when we were invited to a BBQ at our friends' house.

3. Jonah was pretty thrilled that Lucy came over to spend the day with us yesterday.

4. I just want to let you know that Heidi Sonboul is doing a giveaway 
on the Chickaniddy Crafts blog this weekend, so you might want to check that out.

5. And I have a shaker card to share that I made for the Mama Elephant & Me Challenge,
which was to be inspired by this photo:


I was inspired by the colours and the feeling of celebration,
so I pulled out my Mama Elephant Femme Frames & Inline Alphabet dies,
as well as my Wanderlust stamp set.


I diecut my card stock using the Femme Frames dies and then die cut a SSS speech bubble from the 
kraft cardstock to make a shaker card, using Pretty Pink Posh wooden stars & sequins
I stamped on the white background with Wanderlust stamps, which I inked up in 
canyon clay, hawaiian shores & lemon tart.
I layered the white die cut letters over some canyon clay card stock, which 
I die cut using Papertrey Ink's Get a Handle on It die.

I'm also linking this card up to Virginia's View Challenge #5: Die Cut 
& to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Shake It.

And, before I go.....


 I just want to remind you that the Reverse Confetti peeks start tomorrow
-- you won't want to miss these!

Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Looks like you guys are having a great week! Love that he wanted to go on a date with you! And love this fun shaker card!

Laura Sterckx said...

This is so pretty! I love the shaker you created, Leigh. The colors of sequins are fantastic and the stars are so cute. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Deepti said...

Looks like you had loads of fun :) I love ur sequin shaker card and the kraft looks awesome

Megan Carroll said...

Hi Leigh! Love hearing about your summer and seeing this fabulous card! I love the color combo....I will have to try it myself. I will be back tomorrow...looking forward to what RC has in store.

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE the colors Leigh, this is marvelous!

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute shaker card. I see a scrapbook page looming with all those recent pictures.

Tenia Nelson said...

Good times had by all!! Love the photos and your AWESOME card, dearie!!!

Lorraine Marasigan said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Everything comes together so nicely. Very hip and fun shaker card.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Leigh :-) the whole design of this is fabulous ! LOVE it :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

donna mikasa said...

You're having one fun summer! And I just LOVE your shaker card--I just wanna shake it!

A Crafty Person said...

WOW! I had a feeling you were a busy mom but WOW! Love the shaker card. I have to say these shaker cards are becoming addicting.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Such a super cool design for a shaker card! LOVE it!!!

cheiron said...

Such a fun shaker card! I love the color combo. Thank you for playing along with us in the Shake It! Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Virginia L. said...

Love the speech bubble die with the sequins! This truly is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the happy family photos! Looks like a fabulous Canada Day celebration! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh sounds like summer is getting off to a great start. I love that you went on a date with Jonah! Awesome shaker card, the colours are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Super fab shaker card, I'm so loving those sequins and stars! And so glad that you could join us at Mama Elephant and Me! ps went to see Transformers myself this morning and LOTS of action, Mark was great too!

Cris G. said...

Awesome card, Leigh! Love all the elements in your shaker bubble :), color combo and design.
Looks like you and your family had a great time... precious moments!

Kara said...

awesome card!

Jingle said...

This is beautiful! I really love the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with the Shake It! Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Laurel Beard said...

Leigh, this is perfect! Just perfect!!!!!

melania deasy said...

I LOVEEE this card...awesome!!! Thank you so much for playing along at Mama Elephant and Me Challenge!

Toni said...

How could I haves missed this earlier? Love it!