Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer Memories that make me smile

Today, I have a sketch & a layout to share for
this month's Pages With Papertrey Sketch:


For this sketch, I decided to scrapbook some photos that I took of Austin on our
trip to Nanaimo, B.C. in August 2012.
My older brother had paid for Austin to go in one of those giant balls --
it was hilarious to watch!

I stuck really closely to the sketch, but I did add a strip of patterned paper
along the right hand side and I substituted four 2x3 photos for the two 4x3 photos.


I used some Crate Paper patterned paper along the right hand side of my layout,
and a Simple Stories bingo card beneath my title.
The chipboard pieces are all Pebbles.


Beneath my title, I stamped with a stamp from Papertrey Ink's Grunge Me set, inking it in both
orange zest and summer sunrise inks. 
The enamel dots are My Mind's Eye.


I used a PTI Double Ended Banner die to cut the white banner and then 
I stamped on it using an Elle's Studio stamp.

Here's a close-up of the journaling:


If you create a layout using this sketch,
please link it up here in the comments on my blog or 
here on the PTI forum, so I can check it out. :)

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Kara said...

THAT looks like fun!

Nathalie said...

I LOVE this page Leigh! From the colors, to the details (fooled me with that splash stamp!) and the four photos! It rocks!

Miriam Prantner said...

That looks like so much fun! Great photos, yay for capturing it in a layout!

Megan Carroll said...

Great layout Leigh!!

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my word! I just love this scrapbook page! You totally captured the excitement in the pictures, too! I so want to do this! I bet it is awesome exercise and fun to boot! Just the right amount of detailing and elements to still let the pictures and event take center stage! Wonderfully done, Leigh!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great layout. Boy I am sure that these photos will bring back smiles as I am sure this was really FUN!

victoria h said...

Fab scrapbooking; this captures the fun perfectly.

Diana K said...

Just love that block of photos, Leigh. The colours are awesome. This page screams fun!!

craftmates said...

fun layout! beautiful as always!

debby4000 said...

Brilliant layout.
luv
Debby

Deb said...

Leigh, this is awesome! I love the two color inks on your grunge me stamp. I am busy planning the kiddos birthday party, so I hope to get back to scrapbooking at the end of the summer.