Wednesday, July 09, 2014

We Came... We Saw... We Conquered...


I'm just popping in today to share a card that I made this morning.
I was inspired to to play along with the Cutting Edge Challenge #2,
which was to be inspired by this card by Karolyn Loncon:


I love everything about this card:
the colours, the design, the water coloured buildings...
so I pulled out my Papertrey Ink City Scene stamp set and 
made this card:


For my background, I inked up some white card stock with my Tim Holtz
blending tool and some harvest gold ink.
I stamped the sentiment from Mama Elephant's Wanderlust.

For my buildings, I die cut them from white card stock and stamped the windows by 
inking up my stamps in Versamark and then in dye ink and heat embossed them
with clear embossing powder.
Then, I pressed different colours of ink onto my craft mat and spritzed them with water. 
Some buildings, I pressed into the watered dye ink, and others I painted with a paint brush.


I really loved this technique for creating the buildings and am sure I will do it again!

I'm also linking this card up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: 
Let's Be Clear (because I used clear embossing powder).

Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I love that speech bubble. So fun Leigh.

Alanna said...

What a fun card and I love the sentiment.

Kristie Goulet said...

Very fun card, Leigh! I almost used this exact set for this challenge but decided to use candles instead. :)

Happy Dance said...

My goodness! I'm in love with this card, Leigh!! Not sure whether it's the colors, the embossing or all the ways you've done the buildings...for sure the composition is perfect. I think you've got a winner here. Love this. Bev

Miriam Prantner said...

Love it! Great glow from the skyline too!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Wonderfully colorful skyline Leigh! Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!

Megan Carroll said...

Very creative card Leigh! Love your watercolor technique....and your new blog design looks great too!!

Deb said...

Leigh, this is awesome!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Fabulous card, Leigh, you did a wonderful job watercoloring the buildings!!

Celeste Goff said...

What a great card! I love the fun colors in it!

Tonya Jastad said...

Great card Leigh! I love the colors you used and the buildings are awesome!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely colors. Your blending in the background is fantastic.

Ranger and Tanner said...

Totally fabulous! Love the dimension you gave with clear embossing and different inking techniques.

Unknown said...

Brilliant card!!

Laurel Beard said...

LOVE all the bright colors of the city! This is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!!!!!

Marybeth said...

Great take on the inspiration card! Love the soft background .

~amy~ said...

This is fabulous! I love that sentiment bubble!

melania deasy said...

Love your card!!! The colors is so beautiful and the design is perfect!! Thank you so much for playing along on The Cutting Edge Challenge :)

Angie said...

What a cute card! Love the watercolor buildings!