Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Sketch for you to try #14


Happy Canada Day!

Today I have a card to share for the Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try #14: 


And here's my take on the sketch:


I started by repeatedly stamping the lines from So Stripey in harvest gold on a strip of white card 
stock, which I adhered to the side of my card base.
I die cut the large tag, banner and tag ring from Tag Me and stamped the sentiment 
from Peacock Pretties on the banner. 
To get the watercolour effect on my Peacock Pretties feather, 
I pressed some raspberry fizz ink onto my craft mat and spritzed it with water. 
Then, I painted the ink onto my stamp with a paint brush,
using some summer sunrise ink for the centre around the heart. 
I stamped it onto some white card stock and cut it out by hand.
I adhered the white panel to my card base with dimensional adhesive.
A few Pretty Pink Posh sequins (6mm Pink Blush, 4mm Lemon Meringue) finish it off.



 


Be sure to head on over to the Reverse Confetti blog to see
the other designers' takes on the sketch and to play along, if you'd like.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

Love the soft colors Leigh!!!

~amy~ said...

Super pretty...totally thought that the yellow striped paper was patterned and love to read that you stamped it! Looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

fresh clean and adorable!!

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Leigh!

Celeste Goff said...

What a pretty card! I love the sequins and the feather!

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely colors and CAS design! :)

Unknown said...

Oh how I adore your soft colors! Great card!!!

Aileen said...

Sweet card. Love the cute colours. x

Joyce said...

So pretty, Leigh

Diane Jaquay said...

So light and airy, love the pink and yellow together too!!