Friday, July 11, 2014

Five for Friday

1. We got to do a few of my favourite summer activities this week....
strawberry picking & hanging out at the beach!


2. Austin's been volunteering at a drama camp this week, which is going well.

3. I implemented a few new "rules" this summer, which seem to be going well....
Firstly, each child has a job at supper time -- either set the table, clear the table or dry dishes.
They have this job for a week and then they rotate. If they don't do their job,
then they have to do all three. Yes, I'm mean. ;)

4. The second thing I started was that each child has chosen a day of the week
(Sage is Tuesday, Jonah is Friday & Austin is Saturday) and on their day,
they make supper. I'm there to help & guide and supervise,
but they choose the menu and make the food. So, far, it's going well.
Tonight, Jonah's making pancakes & waffles, with strawberries and whipped cream. Mmm...

5. Lastly, I have a card to share that I made for Tag You're It Challenge #1
where we're being inspired by these gorgeous tags by Guest Designer Virginia Lu:


I was inspired by the multicoloured sentiments on Virginia's first two tags
and decided to mimic this look by adhering strips of patterned paper onto a
piece of white card stock and die cutting the word from it.


I started by layering some Heidi Swapp patterned paper over some white card stock.
Then, I die cut my tag (using Reverse Confetti's Tag Me, Too Confetti Cuts) and
stamped my sentiments (from So Very Special) in navy & ocean tides.
I stamped on a strip of patterned paper and die cut the ends using one of the tags from Tag Me.
I also stamped on another strip of white card stock with So Stripey, die cut it using
Tag Me, Too and layered it over my tag.

Visit the Tag You're It Challenge Blog to see the rest of the DT's takes 
on the challenge and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Wednesday, July 16th to link up your project.


 


 



Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

You're an awesome Momma!
Fun pics.
I love your card...I can't wait for my new RC goodies to arrive! Thanks for the inspiration!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love your new rules/roles for the summer. Sounds like a great plan, and I love the tag card, love the font of the words!

Megan Carroll said...

Lovely card Leigh!! And love that you shared some parenting tips too....great ideas!! Have a great weekend!

Lisa Elton said...

Fun summer photos Leigh! What time is dinner, sounds YUMMY!! Your tag is very pretty, love the colors and papers you used!

robinann17 said...

I love that you're working with your children so they all learn how to cook and prepare meals! What a great gift you're giving to them! I love your pretty card...I'm going to have to try the layering of patterned paper for die cuts. Very lovely!

Celeste Goff said...

Great family pics! I love, love, love your pretty tags!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love that new RC tag; your card is beautiful!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Such a great collage-y look, but still light and fresh! Very current. And I'm liking your new summer rules. We totally need to do something similar : )

Michelle said...

Love your cards. As always, they are beautiful. I am having the kids do more around the house too. Easier in the summer without all the demands of schoolwork and other obligations. Good for them too.

jen del muro said...

So beautiful!! Glad to hear I'm not the only "mean mom." Hugs-Jen

Marybeth said...

Love your tag and card! I came to see where this tag die is from ,love the chubby look of it.
Looks like you are having a wonderful summer,making memories.

Kathy said...

Love the tag with its soft colors, Lovely!