Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Stitched Sentiment tutorial

Hi there! I'm here today with a card (& a tutorial!) to share that I made using 

I started with three pieces of Scrumptious patterned paper: Frolic in the Leaves, New Harvest & a floral pattern from the 6x6 paper pad.



Here's my card:


I decided to use a diecut word as a template for my stitching.
Here's what I did:






Here's a close up of the finished stitched sentiment.


After I was done stitching, I added some strips of Scrumptious patterned paper.
I diecut the floral paper from the 6x6 paper pad with a heart border die and adhered it to my card.
I trimmed the "grateful for you" banner by hand (it was on the back of the New Harvest patterned paper.

Oh, and before I go, I just wanted to let you know that 
I also have a card up on the Bazzill Basics Blog today.


Can you guess what die I used to create my puzzle piece?
Click here to find out.

Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Hannelie said...

thanks for sharing this cool idea Leigh! It looks fabulous!

Jennifer K said...

What a great idea for getting stitching on a card!

Audrey Pettit said...

I absolutely love this idea, Leigh, and love your finished card! So, so cool and creative!

Brandi R said...

Brilliant...on both cards! ♥

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I hate sewing though lol. I love your cards!

LauraJane:) said...

GREAT tut Leigh!! I've always thought the dies could be helpful in stitching, just hadn't figured it out yet:)

Teresa Doyle said...

Great idea! I have often thought about using some thread or floss on my cards but haven't found the time yet. Maybe I will try it! TFS!

Celeste Goff said...

Great tutorial Leigh! Thank you for sharing!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great tutorial! Love how it looks!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun Leigh, love both of these ideas!

Barb King said...

I never would have thought to use a diecut as a template, thanks for sharing!

Megan Carroll said...

Thanks for the tutorial! Great job!

Kay Miller said...

What a neat tutorial! I love the way your stitching turned out and your card is beautiful! I think the die on the last card is from Pretty Pink Posh. It looks like the one I have :) Great card too!

Joyce said...

Fun tutorial, Leigh. You have shown me that I don't need a sewing machine to sew on my cards.

Happy Dance said...

Oh. My. Gosh!!! Your stitching is utterly and fantastically amazing! And making your own template was a brilliant idea. Your valentine card is completely wonderful!! Great colors and a super design. LOVE it! And is there any better cs than BB? Not in my world! And I'm off to see what die you've used...Bev

sableturquoise said...

i really love your card , so "couture" , with the stich and these papers witch seem as fabric !

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your cards and thanks so much for the brilliant TUT" Leigh!!

Kara said...

cool!

Deepti said...

Oh my this is so very creative Leigh! thank you for the tutorial !

Lindsey said...

Fabulous cards, Leigh! Brilliant idea to use the computer paper die cut as a template.

cm said...

Your stitching adds a stunning touch to your card, Leigh...and the papers you've selected are gorgeous! Fabulous card and a most wonderful tutorial!
~c