Monday, February 09, 2015

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenges: Day 3 & 4

Hi there!
I have a  couple of projects to share for the PTI anniversary celebrations.

First of all, Sage & I got crafty on Saturday and made 44 valentine treat bags for her teachers & classmates.
She's in a Grade 5/6 split French Immersion class, but joins with the other Grade 5 French Immersion class for an hour each day for social studies & science, so she wanted to make treat
bags for them, too.

We're linking these up for the Day 3: Bagged & Tagged Challenge.

It was definitely a team effort.
On Saturday afternoon, I trimmed cardstock strips to 4.25x2.25" and Sage scored the one end at 1".
I stamped the sentiments (from You're a Masterpiece) in Versafine and heat embossed them in clear.
Then, Sage & I used our Gelatos we bought with the You're a Masterpiece kit
to paint all of the tags.


Then, yesterday afternoon, after church, we put pieces of Butter Crunch in small white lunch bags, 
folded them over and stapled the tags to each bag.


Sage got the idea to splatter each tag with the gelato.
Here's one that she made:


Here's one that I made:


And here are two that we made for the boys.



And Sunday afternoon, I also played in my craft room and 
made a card for the Day 4: Build a Bouquet Challenge.
I actually don't have that many PTI floral sets, so I used the floral image from County Fair
and some images from Tinsel & Tags Sprigs stamp set.


I started by diecutting the Layered Banner dies from aqua mist cardstock and from
some aqua mist striped patterned paper.
I stamped the sentiment from the Layered Banner Banter stamp set.
I stamped the County Fair images on the white panel on my card as well as on a coordinating diecut.
I added a few Tinsel & Tags Sprigs that I stamped on coordinating diecuts.

And before you go, I just want to let you know
that I have a card on the Chickaniddy Crafts blog today, 
if you'd like to check it out.

Here's a peek:


If you'd like to see how I created this stitched sentiment by using a regular word die, 
please click here.

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Leigh. I love coming by to see what you and Sage are up to together! Love all your projects.

Kristie Goulet said...

Those Valentines are great! Love your bouquet card! I need that big banner die. :) Off to check out your other card now!

victoria h said...

wow- love your valentine bags & tags. Beautiful bouquet card too.

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, I love your little treat bags, Leigh! How absolutely fabulous they are, and LOVE that you and Sage did these together. Those are the most precious moments. I really miss doing Valentine's with my kiddos. :) Love your pretty PTI floral bouquet card, too. The wavy banner with the stripes is fabulous. Love the flower clusters, too.

kacee said...

Your creations are clever..nothing like doing things with your daughter huh? Loved your day 4 challenge card!

kacee said...

Sage...you and your mom did a great job on these gift bags and tags. Hey, maybe someday you will be a design team member :)

Lisa Elton said...

What cute little treat bags!! Great job to both you and Sage. And Leigh your card is gorgeous!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love those valentines! Great cards too!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these are all so fabulous, love them.

I Card Everyone said...

I love the time you spend with your daughter, Leigh. They grow up in a blink - don't they? Your Valentine creations are spectacular!
=] Michele

Nancy Guse said...

Love the valentine's and your build a bouquet card! Love where you placed the flowers and Sage keep up the good work!!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Great valentines! Love your bouquet card. Gorgeous colours and great design.

Marcia Hill said...

Your Valentine tags are perfect and I love how you and your daughter did them together! They will definitely be a hit with Sage's classmates! And your bouquet card is so soft and pretty Leigh...love the colors and flowers you used. :0)

cm said...

You and Sage crafting together makes my heart sing! I'm hoping, when my niece is a bit older, and we can have extended time together, that we can bond over stamping, inking and die-cutting together. We've done so on a couple occasions, when I've brought my 'mobile crafting unit,' and oh my...such joy! Sage, your combined efforts with you mom in designing these treat bags: awesome! Love the tags, especially the change up of colours for the boys/girls. As for the treats inside: what delights await your classmates! Leigh, floral card is gorgeous; the banner and cluster sure catch my eye! Another visit = another beaming smile!
~c

Annie V said...

Those Valentine bags are sweet! And the stamped floral card very pretty. I like your creativity style. I will be visiting your blog again for fresh inspiration. Thank you.

Lindsey said...

Leigh, such a beautiful card and what fun Valentines. You and Sage did such a great job...and I cannot believe how many you made...definitely a labor of love.