Friday, February 06, 2015

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenge Day 1 & 2

It's finally time for the PTI anniversary celebrations!
You have no idea how much I look forward to this!
In the past, Sage and I have spent lots of time crafting, 
making as many projects for the challenges as possible.
I love it!

This year, however, we're limited to one entry per challenge per person.
But Sage & I are determined to participate in each one.
Okay, I'm determined, and I'll be encouraging her to play along, too. ;)

So, yesterday, after school, we each picked a sketch and colour combo from
the eight that Nichole listed on her blog.

I chose this colour combo:


And this sketch:


For my card, I used the sketch, but I made a vertical card instead, 
using PTI's County Fair, Masterpiece and Wet Paint stamp sets.


I diecut my banner using Get a Handle on It and layered the Wet Paint Cut over top.
I stamped the butterflies from the Masterpiece stamp set, heat embossed them in white and 
coloured them using a paintbrush and ink that I pressed onto my acrylic block and spritzed 
with water. 
Then, I cut them out by hand.
The background was stamped using the sentiment from County Fair.
A few dewdrops finish it off.



Sage chose this colour combo:


And this sketch:


She's so fun to craft with!
She came down to our craft area and sketched out her card on a piece of scrap paper.


She's so adorable!
And here's her card:


Isn't it great?
I helped her trim the stamper's select white cardstock and diecut the end with Tag Sale #5.
But she did the rest on her own.
She stamped the hearts & "valentine" using the Masterpiece stamp set.
She diecut the "love" from Wet Paint Cuts and stamped the "you" from Wet Paint.
And, she let me know that I can look forward to getting this card for Valentine's Day. Yes! :)

So, Sage had to go to school today, but since I didn't get called in to work, 
I decided to make a card for Day 2: Maile Belles Returns.
We were encourage to choose a card from Maile's blog to be inspired by.
I didn't have to look too far -- I absolutely loved this card that she posted earlier this week.


I decided to use PTI's Wet Paint stamp set to create my card.


I used summer sunrise, tropical teal & sweet blush and matted my panel on some aqua mist cardstock.
Some enamel dots (MME & Teresa Collins) finish it off.


I'm also linking this card up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:

Thanks for looking!

34 comments:

Geri said...

Love all these, Leigh and Sage!!! Really love how you used the colors on the butterfly card...they turned out beautiful together with your images!!!

Alanna said...

Fabulous cards. I love the butterfly on the first one with all of its colors. How fun for you and Sage to be able to craft together.

!neke said...

Thanks for your wonderfull cards!
They inspire me !
Great cards!

Ohhh Snap said...

What fantastic cards! You and Sage both are seriously talented : D.

Lisa Elton said...

These are all so pretty Leigh! I love that you and Sage craft together, she does a great job!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Absolutely gorgeous Leigh! Great use of the colours and sketches on all of your cards.

StephH said...

Beautiful cards Leigh and Sage! I have always admired that you two share in this craft. And Sage, learning from one of the best, is developing a style all her own. Nice work Ladies!

Nancy Guse said...

Leigh and Sage you both did an amazing job!!

Melissa Sibert said...

Love all three cards. Simply beautiful.

Linda said...

Beautiful cards. Looks like Sage is taking after mom.

Birgit said...

Love them all! Sage's is just as sweet as can be. How blessed you are to have a little one to craft with.

Joyce said...

Wonderful cards by both you and Sage. I do see that we used the same sketch, and also modified it. You will find it funny to know that I spent quite a bit of time trying to case the exact card of Maile's that you cased, only to give up and go another direction entirely. I really love how you got yours to work.

Tracy said...

Leigh - gorgeous cards by you AND Sage - she's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Leigh!!!

Megan Carroll said...

Lovely cards from both of you! Sounds like you will have a crafty weekend...enjoy!

Bobby said...

You and Sage did a wonderful job with your cards, Leigh. I love the butterflies and the colored word block.

Polly said...

Absolutely elegant cards - love all the layered elements.

Kay Miller said...

OOooooh these are all just fabulous!! Those butterflies are amazing and Sage's card is stunning too! Beautiful work!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, these are all so beautiful.

Nathalie said...

Beautiful cards! I love that first one with the amazing butterflies!

Colleen said...

Stunning cards...ALL of them, including Sage's...!!

victoria h said...

Fabulous cards - so glad you both have time to play along.

~amy~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous Leigh!

Marcia Hill said...

They are ALL beautiful Leigh and Sage! How lucky you are to have a daughter that loves to stamp with you! Since none of my daughters like stamping, I'm hoping maybe my granddaughter will when she gets a bit older...she's only 5 months old now! :0)

Kara said...

Love the colors on your butterflies!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! I am loving the butterflies on the first, so pretty and I love how bold and CAS that love card is!

Rubeena I. said...

these are gorgeous, hers are so cute :) I hope to play along too! such great inspiration everywhere!

Karen said...

The cards are great! I love the take on Maile's card.

Jill Norwood said...

My love it when you and Sage make cards together! So sweet!

karen h said...

All three cards are wonderful! Love the way you stamped the sentiment on the first card. Sage's card is perfectly put together - love the composition of the tag. The final card - those are awesome colors!

cm said...

Leigh and Sage: you're a dynamic duo of crafting delight! Leigh, your card, with the lovely butterflies, has me swooning! Sage, your double stamped heart, with the oh-so-pretty love sentiment...oh my! I'm crushing all over it! Your take on Maile's card: wonderful! Your post has me beaming!
~c

Nora Noll said...

What pretty cards Leigh. I LOVE that your daughter likes to stamp with you. Charlotte couldn't care less to get into the craft room with me. I LOVE your card with the pretty butterfly and Sage's design blew me away. I LOVE how she created that heart. Great take on Maile's card!!

Shona Chambers said...

You've both done such a fantastic job with your cards. I love crafting with my daughter Phoebe and its amazing the ideas she comes up with that I never think to do. Love the card Sage made, simple and sweet. Good luck with the rest of the challenges!!

Renee V said...

Stunning cards, great job both of you!!!