Saturday, February 14, 2015

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenges: Day 7 & 8

Happy Valentine's Day!
Do you have anything fun planned for today?
My son, Jonah, is singing at a wedding that my husband is doing the sound for...
And Sage & I are attending a taekwondo demonstration this afternoon.
So, nothing really romantic, but fun nonetheless. ;)

I have some cards to share for the PTI anniversary celebrations.

The first one is for Day 7: Heavy Metal Challenge.


On some stamper's select white cardstock, I stamped my butterflies (from You're a Masterpiece)
in versamark and heat embossed them in gold.
The sentiment is from Layered Banter Banner.
A trio of Pretty Pink Posh 4mm gold sequins finishes it off. 

Next. I have a card using the same butterflies that I heat embossed in black and painted in with ink.
(I actually made these last week when I made the first card in this post.)


Now, I have to say that I was totally inspired by Maile Belles' card to make mine.
Since I didn't have the stamp she used for the colours at the top, I used three different shades of PTI ink (from top to bottom: tropical teal (twice), hawaiian shores (twice) and aqua  mist)
and applied them to my card with a Tim Holtz blending tool and some post-its that I used as masks.
The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp's Blessed stamp set.
And, once again, I added some Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins.

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Kay Miller said...

Both of these are just beautiful! Love the ombre on the second one! So lovely!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Stunning cards Leigh!

alexandra s.m. said...

You've done wonders once again Leigh!
Thanks!

Nathalie said...

Beautiful! I love that masked background on the second one!!!

Celeste Goff said...

What stunning cards Leigh! I especially love the gold embossed butterflies!

Je@net said...

Two gorgeous cards Leigh. Love the beautiful butterflies!

Jo said...

these are just beautiful !

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

2 beautiful cards.
Caroline xxx

cm said...

You already know I'm swooning over your gorgeous butterflies! You son is singing at a wedding? How heart-warming and touching that is; I can only imagine how beautiful his voice is. I'm sure he'll bring tears of joy to the eyes of the audience and most definitely to the bride and groom. Wow...
~c

yyam said...

You make butterflies look so good! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Both such gorgeous cards, Leigh! I am totally inspired by your completely different looks from the same stamp set! And I love them both! Gorgeous gold embossing, and equally gorgeous water coloring! Love your inked ombre background, too. That is sooo clever and completely eye catching!

Kara said...

beautiful butterflies!

Lindsey said...

Leigh, these are stunning! Great idea to mask and blend the inks to recreate Maile's look. And the gold embossed butterflies are just gorgeous.

Joni Andaya said...

BEautiful butterfly projects :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful butterfly cards Leigh. I especially love the gold heat embossed version.

Karen Dunbrook said...

how pretty...love the ombre at the top....