Saturday, February 28, 2015

Hello Spring

Hi there! I'm popping in today with a card I made to welcome in spring!

Now, you might think of the Chickaniddy Crafts Scrumptious as a fabulous fall line --
which it is indeed -- but I found that these products were also perfect to make a "Hello Spring" card!
(Note: I know I'm being overly optimistic with making a "Spring" card in February --
especially when we probably won't see spring until the end of April (but a girl can dream, right?)

I started with the Scrumptious Journal Tag stickers, or more specifically, the "Hello" floral sticker near the bottom.


Here's my card:


I started by diecutting a piece of Check Please patterned paper with a scalloped rectangle die.

I adhered a piece of white card stock over top that I diecut using a stitched rectangle die.

 I wanted to use the "Hello" sticker from the Scrumptious Journal Tag stickers, but I also wanted to add the word "spring", so I trimmed out the sticker while it was still on the backing and cut it in half, like this:


 Once cut apart, I adhered the sticker to the white card stock panel.

 I made a banner by diecutting the New Harvest patterned paper into a long banner, trimming
down the top and bottom and adhering some Twirly Girly alphabet stickers.

Here's a close-up of the sticker once the card was done: 



Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card Leigh! Can't wait to welcome spring!!

Sharon Underwood said...

I absolutely love this card. Thanks for describing how you created the design using the sticker. I would've never guessed!

Bobby said...

I love the layers on your card, Leigh, and the colors do remind me of spring.

Joyce said...

Fun spring card. Even we are having winter this week--cold and rainy. (well, you would probably think it wasn't cold, but 60 degrees is cold for us, and we all huddle together and shiver).

Audrey Pettit said...

I love it! A perfect spring look!