Friday, April 17, 2015

Five for Friday

1. First of all, I'll start off with some good news....
After a week and a half of no-sugar, no-deep-fried foods and very little bread 
(I had half of a bagel on Wednesday), I've lost 1 3/4 pounds. Yay!

 I would like to thank you for your well-wishes with my diet.
The support and encouragement is very much appreciated!
Also, I wanted to clarify the no-sugar thing:
I do eat natural sugars (like in fruit) as well as some things with sugar in them
(like peanut butter), but I don't eat refined sugar, like chocolate bars,
baking, pastries, etc.
My treat is to have a little bit of sugar-free chocolate ice cream with a banana for dessert.

2. Sage had to build a "simple machine" for her science class.
She decided to build a pop can crusher.
I told her to ask her dad to help her with it.


And when it was done, I helped her make it pretty.


We mixed some of the paint from her bedroom and painted the outside of the can crusher.
Then, with my Silhouette, we cut some vinyl to make her own logo.
"I'll bet I'm the only one with a logo!" she said yesterday morning.

3.  Sage & Jonah are both testing for their 2nd degree poom belts in taekwondo next month.
Along with the application they fill out, they need to submit photos of themselves.
So I took their photos.
These two are my favourites:



(Oh, and the hoodie that Sage is wearing here is the one she won last week
at Jonah's Jazz Choir Coffeehouse. Isn't it nice?)

4. This week, we've been busy with the Festival of the Arts in our city.


Sage & I played a duet at the Sacred Evening on Sunday (Be Thou My Vision).
Jonah and Sage both played their solos (two each) on Tuesday and 
Jonah & I played a duet that morning, too (Maple Leaf Rag.)
They both did really well -- I'm very proud of them!

(By the way, I can't stand the colour of the wall behind the piano in that church!
I really wish they would paint it,.When I scrapbook these photos, I often convert 
them to black and white because I can't stand the colour of that wall!)

5. One of the girls in my Sunday School class had a birthday earlier this month
and I wanted to share the card I made for her, using Reverse Confetti products
& some Papertrey Ink patterned paper.

Five for Friday Leigh Penner @reverseconfetti #reverseconfetti #cards

I started by stamping my sentiment (from Let's Chill) onto the patterned paper panel.
Then I diecut the popsicle die from Let's Chill Confetti Cuts from the patterned paper.
I also diecut six more of them from some white cardstock.
I matted the card on some sweet blush cardstock without the patterned paper popsicle.
In its space, I added the six white diecuts, one on top of the other. 
I adhered the patterned paper popsicle last.
I also added a stick (diecut from classic kraft cardstock) and 
stamped with the coordinating die from Let's Chill).

I love the dimension this gives to my card!

Five for Friday Leigh Penner @reverseconfetti #reverseconfetti #cards



 
  
Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Great pictures, Leigh and congrats on your weight loss.

LOVE your card! So sweet!

Lisa Lara said...

Look at the dimension and texure on that great card Leigh. You go with your determination to eat better Leigh. Love the pics of your family. I love Sage's can crusher.

Audrey Pettit said...

Yay, another fabulous Friday Five post, my friend! You all are so cute! Love all your family photos and stories. :) And your card is absolutely adorable! LOVE the dimension on the popsicle die and LOVE your paper piecing. So seriously creative and FUN!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such a beautiful family! Good luck on your diet Leigh and that card is SUPER fantastic!!!

Deanne :)

Megan Carroll said...

I love these posts! Glad your diet is going well and it sounds like you had a great week. Also love the card you made! And another new blog??? Looks great!!

Kelly Latevola said...

I'm so glad your diet is going well, good for you! When I did mine after having Nathan I use to have greek yogurt with a bit of honey in it for dessert. It was like eating ice cream :) Your littles are adorable and so is your card!!

Bobby said...

Sounds like you had a busy week. I love the photos of your talented children. Your card is pretty cool, too. ;)

I Card Everyone said...

Yay for you, Leigh!! Refined sugar is a real addiction - ask me how I know this! I'm trying too! Love those brown eyes, duets, and a darling card for a friend who will love it ... thanks for sharing your lovely family!
=] Michele

Lynn said...

Awesome job on your weight loss! Love, love, love it! And all the pictures. Your families happiness shines through Leigh.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun update! Loving the popsicle card with those brushstrokes!

~amy~ said...

You're awesome to change up your eating habits! Congrats!

Great pictures and your card...ADORABLE.

Lisa H. said...

beautiful post and beautiful card. I love how you added the popsicle and made it pop with the layers.

Diana K said...

Love your post, Leigh! Your family is so cute, and talented. I bet Sage IS the only one with a logo for her machine!

cm said...

Another fantastic five, Leigh! `. 1. Cheering your 'remove the refined foods' from your diet accomplishments.
2. Adore the photos of your talented children; they have the most lovely brown eyes.
3. Delighting in the performances; wish I could be in the audience!
4. Not only is Sage the only student with a logo, but likely the only one with an impressive - and pretty -crusher! Way to go with the creative project!
5. Your "so cool" card is precisely that...SOOOO cool!
~c