Saturday, April 04, 2015

Seven for Saturday

I was hoping to pop in yesterday with a "Five for Friday," but this week has been a little crazy.
So, I thought I'd share a "Seven for Saturday" with seven things that I did over spring break.

1. Last Saturday, Austin drove us into Winnipeg (he has his learner's permit!)
He attended a Yugioh tournament while I attended a taekwondo referee seminar & did a little shopping afterwards.
After I picked Austin up, we went to Target, where I found some really cute bedding for Sage.
Austin & I had supper at Five Guys and then he drove us home.
I'm really proud of how well he's driving!


2. Sage was thrilled with the new bedding (did I mention it was only $11?!)
We had thought of painting her bedroom over the summer, but I said: "Why wait?"
I had a 1/3 of a gallon left of the Serendipity (gorgeous aqua colour)
So we added 1/3 of a gallon of white to the aqua, which gave us enough to paint three walls.


 We painted the fourth wall white, but added some flowers to match the bedding over her closet.



Here's a close up:


We had fun putting together a collage of frames that Sage painted in coordinating colours.


The dark grey one still needs a photo: I have a perfect one of Sage at 11 months old, 
but I haven't been able to find it.
Sage wanted a jewellery stand for her dresser, so we went to a couple of stores
to look for one, but they're pretty pricey.
One store had a framed patterned print with hooks to hang the necklaces, etc. (for "only" $65! Eek!)
We decided to hit the thrift shop where we found an Anne Geddes print block mounted for $2
and a wooden framed print for $3. 
We bought both, painted them, pounded in a few finishing nails and voilà! 
A necklace holder that matches her room perfectly!


Painting the room took all day Tuesday and most of Wednesday (for the flowers over the closet.)
On Wednesday evening, Jonah commented how fun it was that Sage got 
to change her room around.... but maybe that was just for girls. Hmmm.
So...

3. On Thursday, we cleaned out the boys' room.
We tidied the closet, took everything off the double shelving unit they have and cleared off their dresser.
We washed their bedding and tried to come up with a way to change things around.
They liked their bunkbeds up against the different wall, but we couldn't get the shelves to fit.
So, we took the shelves apart (I have to add that we did all of this with a screwdriver
-- it took forever!) and reassembled them with six shelves in a single unit.
The results? Their room looks so much bigger now!


And, it's so clean and tidy!
We'll see how long that lasts....

4. On Thursday, we also said goodbye to Lucy.
After dog-sitting her for over four months, her owners came to take her home.
While I won't miss having the dog hair around (& having to vacuum every other day!), I will miss her.


I know Jonah is missing her, too!

5. With all of the busyness of the week, and plans to go to my mom's in Winnipeg today,
I almost forgot to make some treat bags for my Sunday School kids.
So, with my MISTI and the Easter Bunny set from My Favourite Things, I made the quickest Easter tags!


All I did was trim a piece of 8.5x11 cardstock into eight pieces measuring 2.75x4.25".
I stamped them all and then scored a line 1/2" from the top.
I used this to fold over the plastic bags, filled with chocolate eggs, and I stapled them in place.



6. I was able to get into my craft space a little this week.
I've been working on projects for Reverse Confetti's special April Release.
Be sure to come back tomorrow, as the sneak peeks start then!

7. And lastly, in honour of spring, which I certain is just around the corner --
can you tell I'm choosing to ignore the snow we had today? -- I changed the look of my blog.
What do you think?

Thanks for looking! 

13 comments:

victoria h said...

You have been busy. Sage's room & the treat bags look great. Have a wonderful easter.

Lynn said...

Wow! You've had a super productive week! Love Sage and the boys room! They look fabulous! So fun!

Megan Carroll said...

Wow you had a busy week! Love Sage's room and your new blog! Everything looks great!!

Brandi said...

You have been busy! What a cute room! The paint and jewelry holder turned out so cute! Love the various picture frames too!

Jill Norwood said...

Your new blog look is lovely! And I love Sage's new room as well as the boys reorg! It looks like you enjoyed a lovely Spring break and got a lot done!

Sharon Underwood said...

Wow! You've been busy! I'm impressed, especially with all the painting. It took us all week or more to paint my kitchen cabinet doors. I love the rooms. They look super nice, as does your blog! I enjoy changing mine with the seasons, too. Love the Easter tags!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very productive 7 days! Love the new look on your blog -- very clean!

I Card Everyone said...

Sensational Saturday, more like! Wow you have kept busy... good for you... Sage's room looks wonderful! How fun to do that with her. Cute boys... can't believe you have a new driver, and are patient enough to let him drive near shopping - where all the crazy drivers are!!! Happy Easter, Leigh!
=] Michele

sableturquoise said...

ohhh ! i like the paint of your room, so original, good idéa !!! bravo !

Joyce said...

Love the little peek into your home and life, Leigh. Wow, a learner's permit. What a big milestone.

cm said...

I agree with Michele: Sensational Seven! As you know, the glimpses you share of your time with your children warms my heart! Your close bonds, your encouragement, your sharing of time and tasks, as the 'redone' bedrooms attest (and talk about an abundance of ingenuity and 'pretty' happening), your Easter treats and, of course, your Spring-renovated blog are, combined, beyond awesome! Thank you for sharing 'wonder and awe' with us!
~c

Diana K said...

Leigh, you really are a super mom! Your kids must love you to bits - you seem to have so much energy and patience. I love reading all these tidbits about your life and home.

Ohhh Snap said...

Wow! Gorgeous room makeover and great to share that DIY spirit : D. The boys room looks very roomy. The Easter treats are lovely. And I believe that Poodles don't shed... just sayin' lol. And there are Standard Poodle Rescue organizations should you be interested : )