Thursday, July 02, 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch #130

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #130 designed by me:



Now, I'd originally thought that I'd use flowers on my card,
but I couldn't stop thinking about this inspiration photo that Amy Tsuruta posted
a couple of months ago:


Isn't it fabulous?

So, I decided to add a bowl of oranges to my card instead
using some Reverse Confetti products.

Here it is:

CAS(E) This Sketch 130 Leigh Penner @leigh148 @reverseconfetti #reverseconfetti  #cards

To start, I embossed the Triple Chevies Confetti Cuts onto my aqua mist cardstock
and then trimmed out the bottom with my paper trimmer.
I diecut a piece of Bazzill cardstock using the largest circle from 
Circles 'n Scallops Confetti Cuts & cut it in half to make my bowl.
On this, I stamped the sentiment from Label Me in versa mark
and heat embossed it in white.
I diecut the flowers from Petals 'n Posies Confetti Cuts and stamped the 
centres in buttercream using the Petals 'n Posies stamp set.


I diecut the oranges & leaves from coloured cardstock
using the Fresh 'n Fruity Confetti Cuts
and stamped on the oranges using the coordinating Fresh 'n Fruity stamp set.
A few Fresh 'n Fruity leaves stamped in Hawaiian Shores finishes it off.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, July 9th to link up your card.






 

 



Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

~amy~ said...

Leigh, I absolutely LOVE this!!!!!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful colors, love that bowl of citrus!

Diana K said...

Totally love this, Leigh! Fantabulous colour combo, so fresh and crisp and summery!

Marika said...

Absolutely awesome sketch, Leigh! Thank you! Loved playing with it! Your take is stunning and I agree that the inspiration photo is amazing!

Alanna said...

Eeek! I love this Leigh. So stinkin' cute.

Kara said...

awesome! love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the sketch and love your summery card!!

Jennifer K said...

The colors are awesome and the bowl of oranges is very fresh. Great card!

Kathy said...

What can I say?........I agree with everyone's comments above!
Just LOVERLY! : )

Ohhh Snap said...

Great card!

Deepti said...

That citrus bowl is the most delicious ever :) Love the colors and design

donna mikasa said...

What a great take on the sketch and inspiration photo! Love this!

Celeste Goff said...

Love your gorgeous sketch, your fabulous card, and that gorgeous inspiration piece that Amy sent you!

alexandra s.m. said...

Genius Leigh!
love your take!

Joyce said...

Such a fantastic sketch, and I love your giant bowl of fruit.

Kay Miller said...

Leigh this is adorable!! What a great take on your own sketch!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I absolutely adore this bright and happy card, Leigh! Your bowl full of oranges and flowers is SO sweet! Love how you used the Confetti Cuts for your background, and your bowl is such a creative idea. Love it!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

LOve your juicy card, Leigh! So sweet and summery!

PiecesbyEmily said...

Love the gorgeous colors of your card, Leigh!

cm said...

You've translated the inspiration photo into an incredibly delightful card...and talk about innovative! Your bowl of oranges, the darling flowers, the sweet sentiment and the partially embossed background...only ultra fabulous!
~c