Friday, July 10, 2015

Five for Friday

1. Well, summer is in full swing!
We returned to the beach on Sunday evening for a photo shoot of the kids.


I was pleased with the great shots that I got!

They were laughing so hard when we took these! 
Who know jumping up in the air at the same time could be so challenging?


2. Here's a close up of Jonah:

 

We dropped him off at camp for the week at Monday.
He's at paint ball camp with his best friend this week & I've been missing him!


I'm looking forward to picking him up this evening!


3. Here's Austin:


He's been volunteering at Kids Act this week 
-- it's a drama camp for kids.
He's also looking for a summer job and had two interviews this week.
He didn't get the one and we're still waiting to hear back from the other place
(the job is a dishwasher). I'm praying he gets it, but that, if so, they'll be
understanding of the time he'll need off for choir and drama in the fall.


4. And here's my best girl, Sage.


She & I have been pretty much inseparable this week (I think she's loving having me all to herself!)
We've gone strawberry picking (where we stood in line for 2.5 hours to get onto the field! Crazy!), swimming at the pool for our church's pool night, 
to the beach every afternoon for her swimming lessons,
taekwondo twice a week & we had a girl's movie night on Wednesday,
where we ate popcorn & watched Ever After.


She's just so fun!


5. I have a pair of baby cards to share that I made using some Reverse Confetti  products.


I made them the same way.
I just changed up the patterned paper and the colours of the ink and buttons.


For my girl version, I used some Crate Paper patterned paper.
I diecut the scalloped circle using the largest die from Circles 'n Scallops Confetti Cuts
from some rustic white cardstock.
Before stamping, I used the smooshing technique to put some berry sorbet
ink onto my diecut and heated it with my heat tool.


I stamped the monkey from Monkey Business in versafine onyx black ink.
Then, I used some washi tape to mask the "precious" from the Circle Sentiments
stamp so it would give the little monkey something to stand on.
Some buttons and twine finish it off.


For the boy version, I used some American Crafts patterned paper.



 


I'm linking this up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Furry Friends.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Ruth said...

Such cute cards and so glad you're having a great summer. Ever After is one of my favourite films of all time! Xx

Megan Carroll said...

Happy summer! Sounds like a great week!

Tenia Nelson said...

Great pics and great cards!! Yay for Summer!!

Diana K said...

Very cute cards, Leigh! Awe, you really do have the sweetest family; your children look so agreeable and seem to appreciate all of life's "little" pleasures. Each time I see Sage, I wish I had a granddaughter.

Kay Miller said...

Oooh your photos are just awesome! Looks like everyone is enjoying their summer! Your cards are darling too!

I Card Everyone said...

So sweet, Leigh... could you hear my HELLLLOOOOO from Bonner's Ferry?
Those kids of yours always look as if they love each other so much ... I'm sure they do of course, it's just so refreshing to see that they aren't afraid to show it. I'm betting Sage IS loving having you all to herself - thanks for sharing! AND your cards are darling, too!
=] Michele

Joyce said...

Love the family photos and updates. My daughter also is working at her first job this summer. In fact, I'm just about ready to go pick her up. Your baby cards are so sweet.

Unknown said...

Love those baby cards and the way you water colored on top of the images! So cute!! :)

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable cards Leigh! Such a sweet image and wonderful designs!

Super sweet photos too!! Looks like you all had a fun time!! :)

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

cm said...

Yet again, your fabulous family, with their room-brightening smiles, has melted my heart. Love...your post is infused with love! Your boys are handsome young men and your Sage: gorgeous! Of course she loves having you all to herself; you are awesome! A whole lot of fun happening in your family! As for your cards: oh my! Darling!
~c