Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Altenew April Challenge: From Places Abroad -- Thailand

Today, I have a card to share for the


Isn't it gorgeous?
While the colours listed on the background didn't include gold,
I knew I had to include some gold embossing on my card.


I started by stamping the Wild Hibiscus flower and butterflies
in versamark on watercolour paper and heat embossed them in gold.
I used my Zig Markers to colour them in, as well as a paintbrush and water.


I coloured some Zig Marker onto my acrylic block and added some water.
With a paintbrush, I painted some colour onto a piece of text patterned paper and
used it as a border on my card.
I stamped the sentiment (from Best Mom) in Desert Nights ink.
 
I'm also linking this up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

Soft and Lovely!!

Sherrie M. said...

Stunning card Leigh! I would have included gold too. Love your coloring with the ZIG markers. I have yet to open my package but am so inspired by this to do so!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Leigh! I love that you included the gold embossing! Looks so amazing with the soft watercolors. Love your painted text paper, too. SO elegant!

Bobby said...

Beautiful card, Leigh.

Melody said...

Beautiful!

Kathy said...

This card is so light and airy with the colors and gold! That text strip is lovely with the flower and butterflies. I didn't know Altenew had a challenge, I'll have to check it out. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, Leigh, this is so STUNNING, love the beautiful flower and butterflies in gold and blue!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Gorgeous!!! I just love the blue on this flower!

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you added the gold Leigh, this is so pretty!!

Joyce said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Leigh. Love your water coloring.

Vikki H said...

Your gold embossing with the pastel colors is lovely!! Beautiful card

Celeste Goff said...

Just gorgeous! Love the gold and blue combo!

I Card Everyone said...

I see plenty of gold in that photo, Leigh ... I think you're safe, and your card is gorgeous!
=]

Beth H. said...

Beautiful!

Karen B. said...

Gorgeous!

Olga said...

The gold embossing and soft colors look so pretty together. Beautiful card!

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

This card has the perfect balance of simplicity and detail!

Teresa Kline said...

so sweet, luv the printed edge....FAB! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*