Friday, April 29, 2016

Butterfly Reflections Ink April Mood Board

Today, I have a card to share that I was inspired by the


Isn't it pretty?
I was inspired to make my card using Altenew's Wild Hibiscus stamp set.

 
I stamped the flowers in Wplus9 Ocean Drive and Altenew Cotton Candy.
The butterflies were stamped in Altenew Warm Sunshine and the sentiment in Altenew Moon Rock.

 
I was really happy with the design of my card, so I decided to repeat it several times,
using my MISTI.

 
Here, I stamped everything the same, but decided to colour in my elements,
using ink pressed onto an acylic block, water and a paintbrush.


Here, I stamped the images & sentiment in versamark on some watercolour paper
and heat embossed them in white. Then, I coloured them in using my Zigs, water and a paintbrush.

 
Here, I stamped everything in Versafine onyx black on watercolour paper,
before colouring in the images with my Zigs, water and a paintbrush.
 
And, because, when I stamped my last card, I thought it looked cool in black and cream...

 
I stamped everything in black on a piece of vintage cream cardstock and adhered it to a piece
 of black cardstock, so there'd be a strip along the bottom.
 
So, there you have it... a "Five for Friday" of a different sort for today -- five cards, one design.
Do you have a favourite?
Sage's is the fourth one. :)
 
Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Aileen said...

They are all stunning but I really love anything that white heat embossed so my favourite is the third card. Beautiful one and all

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous, Leigh!!!

Betty said...

every one of your cards is so lovely - what a great idea to do the same design so many ways - and the black and cream is wonderful!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh! What a fabulous design, Leigh! I absolutely LOVE how the images are clustered at the top, leaving all the white space below. And I'm in awe of all your different versions! Each one I see I think, this is my favorite... until I see the next one! Love the graphic black and cream. Such a cool look. But I really love them ALL!

Karen B. said...

I just love the arrangement on each of these cards! So pretty!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are all so lovely, Leigh! Some day I WILL own an Altenew stamp set lol!

Celeste Goff said...

Such lovely cards!

Lisa Elton said...

There's a whole lot of prettiness here today Leigh!!

Clara said...

All five are wonderfu! Love them all :)

Jennifer K said...

They are all gorgeous! I'm wavering between the black and white one and the watercolor background one as my favorite.