Thursday, April 14, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch #168

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #168 designed by Sam Simpson:



Now, I have to confess, that I often struggle with putting something on a angle like this.
(Even when I started scrapbooking, I hated tilting my photos -- it drove me crazy!)
Anyway, I decided to create a fun card, with a tilt...


I chose a piece of watercolour wonder patterned paper (from PTI) that was in my stash.
From it, I diecut two popsicles (from PTI's Summer Sweetness), as well as from a piece of foam adhesive.
I stamped the sentiment (also from Summer Sweetness) onto a piece of vellum and heat
embossed it in clear, before stitching it to my card with my sewing machine.


I diecut two more popsicles from white cardstock, blended some classic kraft ink
onto the sticks and stamped them.
I adhered these over the foam.
Then, I trimmed the "stick part" off of the patterned paper diecuts 
and then adhered them over top.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, April 21st to link up your card.

Oh, and before you go, I just wanted to let you know that I have
a project up on the Reverse Confetti Blog today.



Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is so sweet! I love the dimension~

Karen B. said...

Love the soft colors.

Happy Dance said...

I love this!!! Those popsicles look delicious; like a neapolitan sherbet flavor. Sweet summery colors. This is just fantastic. You've rocked this sketch with this darling card. And you made me chuckle about the tilting of the panel. You're so funny! Bev

donna mikasa said...

Love the subtle "tilt" and the camouflaged ice cream, too!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your card is so pretty and so cool!
I really want to try this technique!
Thanks Leigh~

Ruth said...

Just had to come and give this some love. I adore the patterned paper on the ice lollies - it's so cleverly done. And I'm like you, I really struggle with tilting and doing things at w wonky angle! Xx

Miriam Prantner said...

How fun! I love how you used that patterned paper!

lindalou said...

Just saw your card over at CAS and had to come by and tell you how amazing it is. So clever. Love it.

Lisa Elton said...

Like the colors running across the popsicles and onto the card! Very cute Leigh!

Megan Carroll said...

This is cute!! Great job Leigh!

Diane Jaquay said...

Clever card, Leigh, love those popsicles!

Lynn said...

I'm with you on tilted panels! Love your end result though Leigh!

Unknown said...

Love this Leigh! I wish it was summery enough here in the UK to have the ice cream!

Patti said...

Oh Leigh I love this! especially how it looks like your Popsicle is melting! Brilliant and the addition of the stitched velum is just dreamy!

Patti