Monday, April 18, 2016

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 276 & Colour Challenge 43

Today, I have a card to share that I made using the


I also used the MFT Colour Challenge 43:


I decided to use my Cat-titude set to create my card.


I started by running my MFT Stitched dies through my diecutting machine to impress them
on my piece of watercolour paper.
I was inspired by Betsy Veldman's card and how she did the same technique
with similar dies and added watercolour ink to her stitched lines, 
so I decided to do the same thing.


I smoothed some ink and water onto my panel and stamped the cat from Cat-itude onto the front.
I stamped it onto another piece of watercolour paper, coloured it in with a mix of ink
and water and my Zigs, the fussy cut it out by hand and adhered it to my card front.
I stamped the sentiment (from Reverse Confetti's Bear Hugs) onto a strip of vintage jadeite cardstock.

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Birgit said...

this is so adorable, Leigh! I like how you highlighted the stitches and behind that cute little kitty. What a clever use of those stitching dies. Love it!!

Karen B. said...

Really soft and sweet!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is so cute, Leigh! Such a great take on that sketch, and love your use of the color palette, too. The watercolor adds such a nice soft look. Totally love how you added color to the stitched lines!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sweet design Leigh, love how you were able to combine the challenges!

JoAnn said...

Adorable card Leigh. Love the cute kitty and the background, plus the pretty rows of stitching and the way you highlighted them.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute use of the stitch dies and the colors

Celeste Goff said...

Such an adorably sweet card Leigh! How precious is that little kitty?!

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!! I love how you painted different colors over the stitch dies!!

Greta said...

What a sweet baby card, Leigh--love the stitches!

Lisa Elton said...

What a great way to highlight those border dies Leigh!! Terrific card!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love how you painted over the stitched lines!

Happy Dance said...

What a cool technique! I keep stopping and looking at it as I write this comment. I love this idea, and I love how you've done this in such pretty colors. The watercolor behind little kitty really makes him stand out. This is one incredible card, Leigh. Just love it!! Bev

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How cute is that?!!