Sunday, April 17, 2016

Muse Card Challenge #161

Today, I have a card to share for Muse Card Challenge #161
where we were being inspired by this card by Anita Bowden:


Isn't it cool?
I was really taken with her cool diecut technique here, so that's what inspired my card.


(By the way, please forgive me for the poor lighting. It's been raining here all day.)
I started by diecutting my Pretty Pink Posh stitched rectangle die from white
cardstock and then from that, I diecut my Papertrey Ink Spring Woods branches.
I blended ink onto my stitched rectangle using my blending tool.
I diecut the Spring Woods branches again from another piece of white cardstock
and stamped them with their coordinating stamps.


I diecut the bird (also from Spring Woods), stamped him in Altenew Soft Lilac
and PTI Hawaiian Shores and adhered him to my card.
I stamped my sentiment from PTI's Winter Woods.

I'm also linking this up to Virginia Lu's Link Up Party. 

Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful. I love the soft pastels.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wonderful pretty pastel colours Leigh, it's a gorgeous card. I need to try that in lay technique some day too.

Love and hugs
Maarit

!neke said...

Very pretty !
Great technique !
I will give it a try !

Ineke X

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Karen B. said...

What a cool technique and such a beautiful card.

Ardyth said...

So pretty, Leigh! Love the soft colours and spring feel of this! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Patti said...

Oh Leigh!! Your card is so soft and lovely!! I finally caved in and bought this wonderful set from PTI - it should be here any day! woo hoo!!

Hope you are having a blessed Sunday!

Patti

Lucille K said...

Beautiful, love the colors you used here :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh what a beautiful card! Your inlaid die cutting is perfect!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the Spring colors - beautiful card!

Lisa Elton said...

This is soft and ever so pretty Leigh!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the soft pastels you used, Leigh, this is really pretty!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty with those soft colors!

Virginia L. said...

So impressed! I love this to bits! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Friendship” Challenge!

Happy Dance said...

Such a pretty card, Leigh. Those branches are perfect for this challenge, and I love the colors you've chosen too. This is so lovely! And that bird....He's incredible. Wonderful card! Bev

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I LOVE this! So cool how the dies go off the edge, and I adore your bird on the branch design. Gorgeous colors! Wow!

foleysfriend said...

Such a pretty card; loving your take of the MUSE card; amazed at how you incorporated all the different layers to your card

Neets B said...

Ooh, this is just beautiful, Leigh. Love the colours, especially the gentle blend of blue in the centre. Thanks so much for playing along and CASEing my card at Muse, Anita x

Nora Noll said...

This is lovely!! The pastels just rock the images!!

Greta said...

So beautiful--neat technique!

Helen F. said...

Oh what a lovely card. The soft Spring colors are perfect for this beautiful scene, Leigh!

Susi said...

Just popped in from Virginia's View Challenge blog to say this card is lovely! Love the inlaid diecut "look" with this set!