Monday, March 24, 2014

Chickaniddy Crafts March Card Sketch


Today, I have a card to share that I made for the fabulous sketch 


Now, I decided to tweak the sketch to make my card after falling in love with one
of the patterned papers in the Chickaniddy Crafts Date Night Collection Pad
-- the one with the sweet row of houses along the bottom of it!

I let the houses stand in for the horizontal borders & hearts along the bottom of the sketch.

Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper (DN140S09; DN140S05): 6x6 Collection Pad (DN14PD01); 
Clear Stamps (DN14ST01), Enamel Hearts (DN14EB07)

I trimmed the house paper to 4x5.25".
Using Hello sentiment from the Date Night stamp set, I stamped on the patterned paper in Versamark and heat embossed it with some light yellow embossing powder.
Then, I inked up the sentiment again in Versamark, but this time, I inked it up in some melon berry ink before stamping it. Then, I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
I die cut two strips of patterned paper with some banner dies and adhered them to my card.
Three sweet enamel hearts & some stitching along the top finishes it off.

Tip: if you don't have coloured embossing powders, stamp in versa mark first,
then in the ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.


Be sure to stop by the Chickaniddy Crafts blog to see 
Meredith's & Kathy's takes on the sketch.

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty spring card Leigh! Love those pastel buildings!!

~amy~ said...

Love the use of that paper and great embossing tip! Super sweet card!

Geri said...

What a great way to use those sweet papers, Leigh! Such a nice card!

Alanna said...

This is so much fun. I love the row of houses.

alexandra s.m. said...

What a wonderful card and great use of patterned paper!
Thanks Leigh~

Anonymous said...

Cute sketch and Love what you desined with it!!

Joni Andaya said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love that patterned papers. Love this !

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Leigh, I just love these colours together!

Annette Allen said...

oh my word I love this sketch and your card is amazing.. totally love it

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh what a gorgeous card, I love your interpretation so much!

Megan Carroll said...

Cute card Leigh! Love the spring colors!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

WOW! This is awesome! love the hello being done in yellow!

Lesley said...

Adorable and so fresh! Love this sweet design!

cm said...

Beautiful! Loving the Chickaniddy papers, but not sure where to find them in Alberta! Somebody 'must' carry them...I now have a mission!
c