Sunday, March 09, 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues #7

Today, I have a card to share that I made for 
Taheerah's Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #7: Sunny Side Up.


I was inspired by the woodgrain tray, the yellow & white wide stripes 
and the juice cup & striped straw.
I knew immediately that I wanted to use a piece of MME patterned paper from a new
paper pad I picked up last week, along with my Wplus9 Milk & Cookies stamp set.

Here's my card:


I used vintage cream card stock for my base, which I impressed using PTI's 
woodgrain impression plate.
I die cut the MME patterned paper using Mama Elephant's Femme Frames.
I die cut my Milk & Cookies pieces and stamped on them.
For the lemons, I stamped them on a scrap of the MME patterned paper
and cut them out by hand.
The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti's Lots to Say stamp set.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Lorraine Marasigan said...

Darling and sophisticated at the same time. Love how you pulled from the inspiration photo.

Alanna said...

Super cute Leigh.

Taheerah said...

This is so perfect Leigh! I love how you toned down the colour of the woodgrain to be your cream card base, and that patterned paper was definitely ideal! The use of that WPlus9 set mimics the jar of juice and just brings it all home! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

Joni Andaya said...

So pretty Leigh!!! Love your take as always :)

Happy Dance said...

Such a sweet card, Leigh! Yellow is one of my favorite colors; it's just happy! Clever of you to use woodgrain paper on this too. Great card! Bev

Joyce said...

This is so cute. Love how you turned it into lemonade.

Sherri said...

So many cute cards Leigh. You & Reverse confetti are a mtach made in Heaven by the looks of things. I really love the cardstock on this card, and that little straw i so cute!

Lynn said...

I love those soft yellow stripes Leigh.

conil said...

You really nailed it, girl. Awesome.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card, I think I may need to get that milk & cookies set!

Nathalie said...

There's so much I love about this card! I would be ecstatic to get that in the mail!!! :D