Friday, March 21, 2014

Our playdate -- take 1

 
The Scrapbook Cottage is a fabulous scrapbooking store in Winnipeg
that I love to visit when we go to the city.
 
I stopped in there at the end of February and Kathy showed me all of the new
products they'd gotten in..... including Chickaniddy Crafts!
As I hadn't received my Chickaniddy Crafts products yet, I was thrilled
to see them in real life!
I told Kathy that I was a member of the Chickaniddy Crafts design team
and she sent me home with some Date Night patterned paper and embellishments and
asked if I could make a layout for them to display in the store.
 
Here's the layout I made:
 
 
Date Night is a fabulous collection!
I thought it would be fun to use it to document a "date" that I had in the fall with my oldest son.
We went to see a play together -- hence the title: "our playdate" (which I diecut
using my PTI Bookprint alphabet dies.)


I made a tag in a pocket along the side, which I embellished with some Date Night sticker &
decorative brad.

 
I added another Date Night sticker as a banner along my journaling, which I diecut
with PTI's double-ended banner die.
The striped banner was diecut with PTI's Get a Handle on It.
The journaling was diecut with the largest tag from Reverse Confetti's Tag Me.
A few Date Night enamel hearts finish it off.

 
Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

craftmates said...

Awesome layout! Love the banners and the "pull out" tag. Sounds like a great play.- Irma

~amy~ said...

Such an awesome layout!

Deepti Stephens said...

This is so trendy.. :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors!

Megan Carroll said...

Great layout Leigh...love the little pocket! And I will have to visit that store next time I am in Winnipeg visiting my family!

Jen said...

oh, so fun!! I love that collection! it will be fun to get my hands on it!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to have a night out with the kids? Looks like alot of fun and I love your page!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous layout Leigh, great to see more Chickaniddy!

Diane Jaquay said...

That paper is very cool, and I love everything about the layout you've made with it, including the clever title ;)

Joyce said...

Fabulous layout, and how fun to be on display at a local store.

Greta said...

Wonderful layout & great picture!

alexandra s.m. said...

absolutely stunning Leigh!
Love your page!!

Joni Andaya said...

So Fun..Gorgeous layout!!!

Nathalie said...

Great clean lines and classy choice of papers! Sounds like you both had a great time too :)