Monday, March 17, 2014

Lucky


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

In honour of this special occasion, I made a card using the

And what better card to make for St. Patty's Day than one that includes some yummy mint green 
and the word "lucky'?
This gorgeous line was absolutely perfect!

 Supplies: Paper (DN140S09; DN140S02) ; Clear Stamps (DN14ST01)

I cut some strips of patterned paper (from Dance School & Together is Better)
and laid them on an angle on my card stock.
Using the leaf & one floral image, I stamped on my white card stock base in light grey ink.
I stamped these same images repeatedly on a die cut banner and then added the sentiment over top in 
a darker shade of grey.
Finally, I stamped them in Versamark on some vellum and heat embossed the images in white 
before cutting them out by hand.
For my "lucky", I used a Papertrey Ink die and die cut it three times: once in 
melon berry and twice in white. I adhered them together before adhering
it to my card.
I layered my card on a piece of the back of the Together is Better patterned paper.

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

absolutely gorgeous! Love the pops of stamping!

Alanna said...

This is beautiful Leigh.

Karin Ă…kesdotter said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love your card! Hugs, Karin

Lisa Elton said...

Love the soft colors Leigh, very pretty!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a gorgeous card Leigh, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the colors in this collection, this is so pretty!

ChristineCreations said...

Leigh this is beautiful...so soft and full of interesting elements. I’ve had my eye on these Chickaniddy papers for a while now!

Joni Andaya said...

Gorgeous!!!

Megan Carroll said...

Pretty! Love the light colors!

Joyce said...

This is so fabulous. I was just about to pull out that die. What is it about St. Patricks day that makes everyone think of good luck??

Unknown said...

beautiful card, Leigh!!

Chrissy Larson said...

So soft and gorgeous!

Diane Jaquay said...

So pretty! Lovely, soft colors, and I love that "lucky" die!

Lesley said...

Love the design and colours!

TeresaC said...

Nice to see your lovely card on Pinterest on the scrapbook.com site under cardmaking & tag ideas!!
Way to go, Leigh!!