Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Hope Anchors the Soul

Love at first sight!
That's what it was for me when I saw this stamp from Neat and Tangled's latest release.
It's based on one of my favourite verses: 
"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." (Hebrews 6:19)

Here's the first card I made with it:


I used some watercolour paints to create my background,
which I die cut using Mama Elephant's Femme Frames dies.
I used my heat gun to dry the background and then stamped the Hope Anchors
stamp in versamark and then heat embossed it in white.
The card stock that was die cut with the scallop frame is PTI's Melon Berry.

I'm linking this card up to two challenges:

This week's Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Perfectly Peach...


.... and Virginia's View Challenge #1: Watercolouring


Thanks for looking!




13 comments:

Tonya Jastad said...

This is so pretty! Great verse too. I am loving that MB scalloped frame!

Wida said...

I didn't know Virginia had a new challenge up?! Your card is cool, but still keeping in your style. But wait...no patterned paper?!

Alanna said...

You've showcased this beautifully.

Virginia L. said...

It's hard to do the water-inking just right...you sure NAILED it, Leigh! Your card caught my eyes right away...i just had to comment right away :) LOVE!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Lee, your card is gorgeous. The peach watercolour is so yummy and yes I love that N&T verse. Thank you so much for sharing with us at t he Curtain Call!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

This is so beautiful Leigh! I love the ombre look! :) Have a great day!

cm said...

Gorgeous, Leigh! Your peach water-colouring is such an eye-catching canvas for the wonderfully inspiring sentiment. Wow!
c

Sharron said...

Beautiful! The soft coloring effect is gorgeous and what a wonderful sentiment!

Joni Andaya said...

Gorgeous Leigh!!!

Michelle said...

Oh, so pretty, Leigh! The verse you referenced is beautiful.

PStanley said...

leigh, this is soft and lovely :) I really like it :)

Shona Chambers said...

Hi Leigh, this card is so beautiful. I love the watercolour effect, its perfect. The layering is wonderful too, especially with the small scallop. Another perfect card!!

~amy~ said...

I just got this set in the mail last night and can't wait to ink it up! Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration!
Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call!