Sunday, March 02, 2014

Oh, boy!

I love embossing! 
Whether it's using impression plates, heat embossing or using embossing paste 
-- they're all fun & effective techniques!

However, I have to admit, that while I emboss on my cards often, 
I don't seem to do it very much on my layouts.

So, naturally, I thought that this would be a great challenge for this month's 
Pages With Papertrey: 
 add texture to your layout with embossing.

For my layout, I decided to add embossing by using my PTI Centre Stage cover plate as a mask
and some white embossing powder (which I love how it looks on cream!)


I used some Crate Paper (The Pier) patterned papers & chipboard accents.
Here's a close up of the embossing:


For my title, I used my PTI Bookprint alphabet dies with a sheet of Crate patterned paper -- 
I love how this turned out!


The "This is the life" sentiment is a PTI stamp from Fabulous Frames.

If you create a layout for the challenge, please link it either here in the comments 

I'm also submitting this layout for the Crate Paper blog challenge: Boys Rule.

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Laurie said...

This is an awesome layout! I love the embossing in the background.

Tonya Jastad said...

I love this! Great picture! I love how the embossing paste gives a soft touch of texture. Awesome job!

Jen Carter said...

You are so creative! I love your style! Such a wonderful layout!

Celeste Goff said...

Love this layout. Such soft pretty colors and the embossing adds just the right amount of textural interest!

LauraEva said...

What a great layout!!! Love te embossing!

Sharon Underwood said...

It's wonderful to see a Layout! I love it -- especially the title and the embossing. Great job!

yyam said...

Really cool. I love how clean and graphic this is. Really visually appealing! :)

Joni Andaya said...

LOVE This Leigh!!!

Kara said...

I love it. Every time I see your pages it makes me want to start scrapbook ing again!! Problem is I never print any pictures anymore.

alexandra s.m. said...

Great minds think alike!
Leigh, I love your page!
It has both these soft tones I like so much in your scrapbooking and that wonderful texture ;)

Anonymous said...

LOVE this Leigh!! Its so light and airy and love the back ground!!!

Donna said...

Great page, Leigh! (...and amazing stunt). Maybe you'll inspire me to get some pages done.

carol (krillsister) said...

WoW! What an awesome layout. You are right about the white embossing on creme. Looks great.