Sunday, March 16, 2014

March Reverse Confetti Colour Challenge


Well, it's the 16th of the month, which means that
there is a new Colour Challenge up on the Reverse Confetti blog today! 


This sweet colour combo totally put me in the mood to create a Spring card:


I used some My Mind's Eye patterned paper as my background.
On a panel of rustic white card stock, I stamped the sweet little chick from Carton Cuties 
in versafine black and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
Then, I pressed some green ink onto my craft mat & added some water.
With a brush, I painted the grass onto my card.
Then, I repeated the process with two shades of yellow to paint my chick.
I stamped the sentiments (also from Carton Cuties) in navy.
I used the Double Edge Scallop Border to die cut some green Chickaniddy Crafts patterned paper.
A little stitching finishes it off.






Be sure to check out the Reverse Confetti blog to see what
the other designers created using this colour combo!

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

super SWEET

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a sweet, spring card.
Caroline xxx

Tonya Jastad said...

So cute!

Stacey Schafer said...

what cuteness, Leigh!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh love this tweet chickie card, so fun--great use of the colours.

Joyce said...

Just so cute. I can imagine Sage loving this set.

Patti J said...

Perfect paper choice! What an adorable card - thanks for sharing!

Joni Andaya said...

Aww....that chick is just way too cute :)

Sarah Gough said...

This is so sweet, perfect use of the colors Leigh!

Chrissy Larson said...

LOVE!!!! I must have that sweet little peep. I love the soft yellow with that navy. GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!!!