Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Monthly Moments -- February

 
Well, I finally got my Papertrey Ink order and was able to sit down
and complete my Monthly Moments spread for February.
 
For the left hand side, I created a collage of photos in Picasa and printed
them out as a 6.5x6.5" square, which I adhered to the back of my January full page spread.

 
I added some Basic Grey Persimmon patterned paper and some sweet blush cardstock along the bottom, under my journaling and added some pure poppy cardstock that I diecut
using the largest heart from Reverse Confetti's Love Note dies.

 
For the right hand side, I used a page protector that has two 3x4 pockets at the top and a 4x6 pocket
at the bottom. These are separated by a 1.25x6" pocket in the middle.
 
 
At the top, I created my own journaling tag in Word and printed it out on vintage cream cardstock.
I added a thin strip of red cardstock to it.
I diecut the journaling card and my photo using my new PTI Journaling Card 1 die.

 
I'm almost embarrassed to let you read all of my injuries from February... It was a rough month!
 
For my month, I used my new Papertrey Ink February die that I cut from pure poppy cardstock.
I layered it over some Basic Grey persimmon patterned paper-- we hardly saw any birds this
month, but I had to include these sweet little guys on my layout!

 
For my bottom pocket, I diecut part of the Basic Grey patterned paper with the Journaling Card 1 die and trimmed out the rest with my paper trimmer.
To this, I adhered my photo (also trimmed out partially with my Journaling Card 1 die)
and some journaling I'd printed out on the computer.

 
I'm really liking this Monthly Moments album and find that, so far, it's enjoyable, doable
and not stressful. :)
 
Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Chrissy Larson said...

You inspire me! I need to get better at documenting our lives. It's so fun to get a peek into yours, even if it was a rough month! ;)

Alanna said...

Such a fun layout.

IamDerby said...

This is lovely Leigh!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my, poor Thing, your February was very tough indeed! But, there is so much softness in your double spread! I absolutely love it! I wish we could see one every week ;)

Thank You Leigh~

Tracy said...

you did have a rough February! i like seeing the pages though. I have my kit (and March is on its way!) -circumstances just keep me from scrapping right now but that's ok. i have lovely layouts like yours to look at for a minute or two in the meantime :-)

Lisa Elton said...

I think this is such a great idea to encourage all of us to journal and photograph our lives more! So sorry to read about all of your injuries, jeepers! Hope this month has treated you a bit better ;) TFS Leigh, very nice!

Kathryn A said...

Love your layout, Leigh! Who knew that subbing could be so dangerous? :( Hope you're all mended up, now! And the weather is finally starting to turn towards spring!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow that was a rough month, but also wow on how fast you pulled your monthly moments together--A+

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh girl, feb was a busy month for you!! I hope March is quiet!! Great pages!

craftmates said...

Great way to document your month! Lovely pages as always. - Irma

Megan Carroll said...

Hi Leigh, Thanks for letting us see your beautiful pages. So sorry to hear that February was rough for you....here's to hoping you have a much better spring!

Joni Andaya said...

What a FUN layout Leigh!!! But my so many things happened in February and so sorry to hear that. I hope things are getting better for you Leigh :) So nice of you to share even its been a rough month, as if I feel the pain while reading your journal page.

Kara said...

that was some month!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great collage! You sure did have a rough month. Hope you are feeling better and March is a better month.