Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A layout to share

The mid-month DT challenge is up at My Scrap Shoppe.

This month's challenge is sewing. Not a stretch for me. I love using my sewing machine when I scrapbook-- I sew on probably 80% of my layouts.

But because I love to be challenged by our challenges (otherwise, really, what's the point?), I decided to step it up a bit and do some handstitching on a page.

So here's the layout that I created:



I used some DMC floss to highlight the design on the We R Memory Keepers patterned paper.



And I thought I'd be bold and sew around the border with my machine. In RED. (That was a new one for me-- it's usually just white, off-white and dark brown in my machine. ;) )



I thought these fun pictures of Cameron and I worked well with the pp. Susan took them for us the day before our 12th anniversary in April. :)

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Heather M. said...

Oh Leigh!!!! I think this is my favorite layout of yours! I LOVE the stitching so much! It's so perfect on that paper - love how you highlighted certain parts with the stitching!

Danielle Holsapple said...

The stitching was worth it! Awesome!

Crystal said...

That is a gorgeous LO, Leigh! I can see it in a magazine one day very soon. The stitching is just beautiful with that PP - WOW, WOW, WOW!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous layout!!! I love it! hope you guys are having fun at swim lessons! :)

Kim Sonksen said...

Leigh, you are the queen of sewing and stitching - another AWESOME layout from you

Anonymous said...

wow, that is some stitching..love it!! :)

Nicole said...

Great stitching! Love the LO!

Leah said...

That's amazing! Love, love the lo!

Heather said...

That is a fabulous layout. WOW it's our 10th anniversary this year too.