Sunday, July 06, 2008

Something unexpected...

The other morning, when I came in from my run, I was talking with Cameron in the kitchen before he left to go to the farm. He said something to mock me and I was just about to reply with something not-terrible, but not kind or encouraging either, when Sage walked up to Cameron and asked for a hug. She climbed up on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck in this big hug. And as she hugged him, she looked at me with this huge smile on her face and her eyes were shining. It was like she was thinking: "I love this man sooooo much!" And that's when I saw it....

I saw Jesus in her eyes.

It's like I heard His voice say to me: "I love this man sooooo much!"

And I realized it was true. Jesus loves Cameron so much. So, where do I get off saying something to him that isn't kind?

So, I wisely kept my comment to myself and just smiled.

Because I wanted to remember this incident, I decided to scrapbook it, using Liz's sketch.

4 comments:

valerie said...

Powerful moment. So very true. Thanks for the reminder.

Leah said...

That's beautiful, thanks for sharing that reminder.

Renee Lamb said...

What a great story Leigh. I wish everyone had moments like those. I love that layout too! so precious!

Heather M. said...

Oh Leigh, this totally makes me teary! What a beautiful story and reminder for all of us!

I love the layout so much! The patterned paper looks so perfect - love the title and accents too!