Thursday, July 03, 2008

A summer journal

I was inspired by Marcy's online class last night at MSS to make a summer journal for Austin. I thought this would be a great way to get him writing over the summer holidays.

So here it is:



I tweaked it a little from Marcy's. I didn't have the tabbed index cards, so I made my own with my tab punch. I decided that since Austin's favourite colour is orange, the Scenic Route Grafton line of patterned papers would be perfect for this.



Marcy's journal had a space for the date stamped on each page. I loved this idea, but didn't have a date stamp, so I made my own in Word and printed it out on each index card. I thought, too, since I didn't have that many index cards, that Austin could write on the front & the back of each page, so I printed the date on the back side as well.







I love that because it's bound with binder rings, that we can add photos of the summer as well.

I mean, he. He can add photos, since you know, it's for him. Yeah.

Here's hoping he uses it. ;)

3 comments:

Heather M. said...

It's awesome, Leigh! I hope he likes it and uses it too!

Liz Goldhawk said...

It looks awesome! I love the way you added the dates in Word and printed them on the pages... love your little slip at the end too... lol!

Leah said...

It's amazing, looks like something you would buy at a craft store! So Cool!