Monday, April 09, 2012

A banner birthday card

Did you have a good Easter?

Ours was good, but loooooong..... LOL! We got up at 6am to attend our church's sunrise service at a cemetery on the hill..... There's something so fabulous about having a sunrise service celebrating the One who conquered death in a cemetery.... Then we had a continental breakfast at church, followed by another church service, then Sunday school (where I got to play a crying and babbling Mary Magdalene). After a quick lunch at home, we drove to my mom's in Winnipeg to celebrate Easter with her. It felt so good to climb into my bed last night....

I thought I'd share a card today. I made this card last month for the Papercrafts submission call. It was for one of their sketches...


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, soft stone), stamps (Boy Basics: Game On), buttons & dies (tag sale #5 (trimmed down to make the banners) and tiny tags). The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Kara said...

Very cute! Love the banner!

Elena said...

Wow! Sounds like a busy day yesterday! Love the card, and how you stitched on the banners!

Suzanne said...

Leigh, this is amazing. I love it!!! & I am pinning it!

Deb said...

Sounds like you had a long and busy day. I am sure you played a great Mary Magdalene. Fabulous banners. I am going to have to try that now that that die has made it into my craftroom.

Unknown said...

Sunrise service...what a great way to start your Easter. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Love the card...great colors and fun paper.

Gina said...

Leigh, this card is so fun! Pinning it now!!!

Joyce said...

Super cute card!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is so cute Leigh, super fun! Love all the little banners!

Elizabeth said...

You've been on fire scrapping as I look at all of your wonderful creations! I have never thought to make a bannered card!! LOL. I'm a little slow on the trends! :) Fantastic stuff Leigh! Hope all is well with you and yours!
e.

Anita Rex said...

So pretty! Love it, it's sooo fun! Sounds like a fabulous Easter! :> Never had the opportunity to go to a sunrise Easter service, sounds amazing!

Jennifer K said...

Great card, Leigh. Love the banners. FWIW, I think it should have been picked up. :)