Five things that are making me happy this week:
1. Our community Good Friday service this morning. Great praise & worship, a wonderful sermon, communion & a few minutes of visiting with friends afterwards. It's my favourite church service of the year!
2. Getting a shout-out on Nichole Heady's blog for this card that I posted earlier this week.
3. Decorating Easter eggs with the kids on Tuesday evening...
I love that they all still want to participate in our yearly tradition!
We started with dyeing our eggs...
Then, once they were dry, I decided to try Betsy Veldman's technique for stamping on Easter eggs. I stamped with some Rosie Posie & Scrambled Eggs stamps on some tissue paper and then cut out the images. I used a paint brush and some white glue mixed with water to glue the tissue paper to the eggs. When Sage came to join me & try some on her own, we made a discovery.... the ink bled through the tissue paper and onto the eggs! So we removed the tissue paper and ended up with stamped images on the eggs!
For the butterflies and the sentiments, we stamped directly on the eggs.
On this top egg (above & pictured below), I stamped the Rosie Posie stamps using this week's MIM challenge at Papertrey Ink: Generational Stamping. It's faint, but has a pretty effect.
4. Sage & I decided that we wanted to use our PTI Scrambled Eggs stamp set to make some cupcake toppers for our Easter gatherings this weekend. This morning, we baked our cupcakes & iced them after lunch.
And here are the toppers we made last weekend (they turned out so adorable!)
Sage made the little white bunnies (& on the back, we added little cotton ball tails!)
We're looking forward to bringing these to Cam's family gathering tonight & to my mom's on Sunday!
5. Anticipating Easter & all it represents, celebrating Jesus' death & resurrection with family & friends!
Thanks for looking!