Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Combining challenges

I wanted to share a birthday card that I made last night for two challenges: for this week's MIM challenge at Papertrey Ink: Generational Stamping and for Melissa Phillips' Monday With Melis Challenge #1, which was a recipe challenge to include: a heart, Birthday themed, scallops, a background stamp & buttons.

Here's the card I made:


I inked up my new Tremendous Treats Birthday stamps to make this card that I think would be great for a kid! I stamped the MIM technique using PTI Turning a New Leaf stamps. I also used PTI cardstock (stamper's select white, rustic white, aqua mist), button & dies (heart border die, cloud). The patterned paper is all Echo Park, except for the My Mind's Eye piece that I used for the monkey. I covered the cloud die with some Smooch for a little shimmer and shine.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Very sweet Leigh! What a fun and playful card. Love your ideas.
Melis

Elena said...

So cute!

Kelly S. said...

So cute, Leigh! I love the sparkly cloud and the little paper-pieced monkey :) Your stamped foliage is a great idea for the MIM challenge!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

How adorable!! I love the setting you've made for that sweet little monkey!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

I love that monkey, great card Leigh!

Kara said...

cute, cute, cute!!

Lauren said...

Love it! That is some kick-a@# paper piecing, girlfriend! :) you did an awesome job!!

Gerdine said...

Cute!

Luanne said...

So cute!! I just love that little monkey, and the leaves look just like the top of the trees. :)

Sherri said...

My oh my, you have some wonderful projects here Leigh. I don't know how it is that you find time to scrap, among all the other activities you do. I love the fussy cutting on your butterflies, all the great photos of the kids, and especially the way you photograph your projects. You get some really great light in your home :) Hope you're doing well!

Michelle Philippi said...

This little monkey card is adorable! What you did with the leaves down there....and that shimmery cloud are really nice touches.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Great use of the leaf stamps! Thanks for participating in Make It Monday!