Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Scrapbooking workshops

A couple of weeks ago, I registered for the Scrapbook Stamper's Workshop at Two Peas and have been enjoying working through the challenges. Then, because I enjoyed it so much last year, I signed up for Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook 4 workshop at Studio Calico. Scrapbook Stamper's Workshop is self-paced, which I really enjoy. I was a little stressed about signing up for Sketchbook 4, with wondering if I'd be able to stay caught up.... I made a goal of making both a layout and a card with each sketch, but then yesterday, when I looked through my photo box for some photos to use, I came across two sets that would work.... so I ended up making two layouts and one card! Woohoo!

For both of my layouts, I pulled out some brand new Bo Bunny patterned paper that I picked up in Winnipeg last week.... and for my first layout, I also used this week's MIM challenge at Papertrey Ink: Generational Stamping:


I used Bo Bunny patterned paper and Papertrey Ink stamps (Simply You) and dies (journaling tabs). Pretty simple, as I didn't feel I need very many embellishments with this patterned paper. But, I was pleased with the generational stamping technique for my title:


Then, I didn't want to waste the back of the piece of patterned paper I used for my background, so I made another layout, using photos taken the same day/week... and for this layout, I also used Lesson #5 from Scrapbook Stamper's Workshop, to add hand stitching to a stamped image:


I used Bo Bunny patterned paper and Papertrey Ink stamps (Iconic Images) and dies (Wonderful Words).  I made some decorative brads with the tiny Iconic Images images using my SU! Build-a Brads. The green foam thickers are American Crafts.


And lastly, here's the card I made with the sketch:

I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (kraft, pure poppy, rustic white), stamps (text boxed , modern wood mats) & dies (half & half).

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

What a super job on your layouts! Looks like your kids are having SO much fun. Must say your card is simply stunning, Leigh. Love the softness to it even though you've used bright and cheery colors. That sentimentis the best!

carolanne said...

What a great idea to use generational stamping on text stamps! Both of these projects look wonderful!

victoria h said...

Fabulous scrapbooking and card.

Mariana said...

Awesome! Love the L.O the papers are perfect for your pictures, and the card is awesome!

Elena said...

love the scrap pages, and the card is so darn fun!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Great layouts and card Leigh! What delightful kids...posing for pictures? I only wish I had a high speed camera back then, it would have been the only way to capture pics!

Kristen :-) said...

Great Layouts Leigh! I love that you use both sides of the paper... I always struggle with which side to use, as I usually love both sides... never thought to utilize both!

Anonymous said...

love all your versions of the layouts! love the double stamped title and the inking on the card!
KarenP(kphike)

Anonymous said...

Love love your work! And so happy to see you over on the boards for Sketchbook - I'm hoping to dive in tomorrow afternoon!

Sherrie M. said...

Your page screams summer in such a wonderful soft way. Everything you make is always so beautiful!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

These projects are great! What a great idea to use it as a double sentiment on the layout! Thanks for participating in Make It Monday!