Friday, April 20, 2012

Sixteen years

Today is my husband, Cameron, & my 16th wedding anniversary. I can't believe we've been married this long! LOL! I thought I'd make a layout commemorating our special day and I decided to use Sketch #8 from Sketchbook 4 to do so.


I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper and diecut, Studio Calico, October Afternoon, & Webster's letter/number stickers, Pink Paislee chipboard letters and Papertrey ink cardstock & dies (tag sale #5 & block number).

 Here's the journaling: 

"Together, we…have attended 1 church faithfully…have lived in 2 different homes… …have lost 2 dads… have 3 beautiful children… have gone on 4 long road trips… …have seen 8 movies together in the theatre…have had 9 different jobs…have owned 11 different vehicles…have gone for countless drives in the country & bike rides…have had many ups & downs… …have celebrated 16 years of marriage… April 20, 2012"

 Then, I used some scraps from my layout and the same sketch to make a card:


I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper & Papertrey ink cardstock (soft stone, stamper's select white), stamps (beautiful butterflies) & dies (beautiful butterflies, tag sale #5).

 Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

Happy 16th Wedding anniversary!
Gorgeous cards!

Tina said...

Your layout and card are beautiful. Happy anniversary to you and your husband!

Jean said...

Congratulations & Happy Anniversary! Both the card and layout are lovely!

Joyce said...

Very sweet. Happy Anniversary. We got married a month after you, 5/96.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a wonderful 16th anniversary!

Deb said...

What a sweet layout and card! Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Jennifer K said...

Congratulations on 16 years - that's quite an accomplishment!

Kristii said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Your layout and card are absolutely fabulous!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your anniversary and I love that card!

Jill said...

Very touching, very inspired, very beautiful! Happy 16th Anniversary!

Mayol said...

Happy, happy anniversary, Leigh! Here's wishing you many more fabulous years to come!
i love your page and card, by the way :)

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! Your scrapbook layouts are so inspiring, and so are your cards. I love your designs and your choice of colors---just wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration.

carol (krillsister) said...

Happy anniversary. Two great projects. I love the journaling on your layout. Your card is great. Love how is mirrors the layout.